'24 JUCO EDGE Jamal Wallace (Tennessee)

He also said on his live he lost/ gained weight because he broke his hand/ covid year. Don’t really understand that. But it’s not like he hit a growth spurt and morphed into a d lineman. He interacted with fans on his live well and truly seemed excited to be a Vol, so hopefully he puts his whole self into becoming a factor

Maybe the fact that our coaching staff has proven that they know how to scout players. Did you think Norman Lott would have 6 sacks this season? Doubt it

I was pretty excited about Lott, actually. Didn I think he’d get 5.5 sacks? Idk. Hard for DTs not named LaRoi Glover or John Randle to accumulate sacks.

That said - I still don’t get the comparison of a productive transfer player to that of a JUCO kid with only one P5 offer.

Just say you’re gonna give RG the benefit of the doubt and be done with it. Im rooting for the kid because he’s a Vol now, but I’m skeptical he makes much of an impact.

Reactions: VolByLaw
I was pretty excited about Lott, actually. Didn I think he’d get 5.5 sacks? Idk. Hard for DTs not named LaRoi Glover or John Randle to accumulate sacks.

That said - I still don’t get the comparison of a productive transfer player to that of a JUCO kid with only one P5 offer.

Just say you’re gonna give RG the benefit of the doubt and be done with it. Im rooting for the kid because he’s a Vol now, but I’m skeptical he makes much of an impact.
It's not a "comparison". It's a reminder that our coaching staff has proven that they can/ have/ will be able to scout older guys who can contribute immediately.

I doubt he makes any impact his first year. He has 3 to play 2 and Tennessee returns everyone in the interior line, so he isn’t needed in 2024. I’m guessing he redshirts. This is one Garner is projecting to mold so he can step in and produce in 2025.

Wallace has a ton of very raw ability, having grown from a 190 lb WR to a 300 lb DL in 2 years. Further, his JUCO had him playing standing up. So there is a lot to teach. But Garner sees the tools the kid has. A 280-300 lb linemen with twitch and athleticism is enticing for a coach who knows how to develop kids. Garner has a history of finding and molding guys like this at Auburn. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. But I don’t expect anything from Wallace until 2025.

It's not a "comparison". It's a reminder that our coaching staff has proven that they can/ have/ will be able to scout older guys who can contribute immediately.

Other staffs can also. Which makes this kids lack of P5 offers alarming.

In the portal era, i just think it makes more sense to pursue talented kids who outperformed their G5 scholly, than a JUCO project.

But i digress. We just landed Brazzell and we’re about to land Seaton so I don’t have it in me to go back and forth on this anymore.

In the portal era, i just think it makes more sense to pursue talented kids who outperformed their G5 scholly, than a JUCO project.

But i digress. We just landed Brazzell and we’re about to land Seaton so I don’t have it in me to go back and forth on this anymore.
We’re about to land Seaton? What did I miss?

Jesus Christ. Ok Ed. I take it that you don't really follow recruiting (considering you think we're getting seaton), so I'll leave you alone.

Jesus Christ. Ok Ed. I take it that you don't really follow recruiting (considering you think we're getting seaton), so I'll leave you alone.

Wuts this recruiting you speak of? 🤷‍♂️

Sucks you’re gonna leave me alone! I have no clue who you are but the impact of not hearing from you will ruin my experience on this forum completely!

Wuts this recruiting you speak of? 🤷‍♂️

Sucks you’re gonna leave me alone! I have no clue who you are but the impact of not hearing from you will ruin my experience on this forum completely!
Oh sorry. I realize I have to slow down. Recruiting is the thing that upsets you when we don't get a 4 star or higher. Remember. 4star and up good. 3 star BAD. No matter what. Oh and don't forget that you could easily do better than Heupel is doing

Oh sorry. I realize I have to slow down. Recruiting is the thing that upsets you when we don't get a 4 star or higher. Remember. 4star and up good. 3 star BAD. No matter what. Oh and don't forget that you could easily do better than Heupel is doing

Dang you really know your stuff. Class is in session!

Go on…. I’m listening

VN Store

Back