'24 JUCO EDGE Jamal Wallace (Tennessee)

Just looked into him more, he was a c/o 2019 in hs so he only has 1 year of eligibility left and this past season he played in 6 games and tallied 6 tackles and 0.5 tfl, wtf are we doing here

Just looked into him more, he was a c/o 2019 in hs so he only has 1 year of eligibility left and this past season he played in 6 games and tallied 6 tackles and 0.5 tfl, wtf are we doing here
He has 2 years of eligibility remaining and those are his 2022-23 (freshman) numbers at Sierra

Wallace, who primarily plays outside linebacker at Sierra, said the Vols have told him they like “that I’m very twitchy, and they want somebody playing (opposite) James Pearce.”...“They want somebody to play on the other side along with him, so that’s really been the pitch for them,” Wallace said, “and they feel like I can be that person.” Wallace added that the Vols envision using him as a “five- and a three-tech,” playing him at both defensive end and defensive tackle. While he has been more of an edge rusher at the junior-college level, he said he doesn’t “care where I play.”

He played in 10 games this season and finished the year with 39 tackles, including 3.5 sacks and 10 tackles for loss, along with two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and three pass breakups.

Tennessee makes top five for junior-college defensive lineman

These JUCO guys are all so hit or miss that it’s hard for me to get excited if we land him, but with him being 6’4 267 he could make for a decent DT/SDE. Does anyone know how much eligibility he has left?
They are hit or miss, but over the years it seems we've had more luck with The DL rather than the OL.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
He has 2 years of eligibility remaining and those are his 2022-23 (freshman) numbers at Sierra

Wallace, who primarily plays outside linebacker at Sierra, said the Vols have told him they like “that I’m very twitchy, and they want somebody playing (opposite) James Pearce.”...“They want somebody to play on the other side along with him, so that’s really been the pitch for them,” Wallace said, “and they feel like I can be that person.” Wallace added that the Vols envision using him as a “five- and a three-tech,” playing him at both defensive end and defensive tackle. While he has been more of an edge rusher at the junior-college level, he said he doesn’t “care where I play.”

He played in 10 games this season and finished the year with 39 tackles, including 3.5 sacks and 10 tackles for loss, along with two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and three pass breakups.

Tennessee makes top five for junior-college defensive lineman
Turns out the Sierra website just popped the 2022 stats up first, still though, they those aren’t exactly exciting numbers for an OLB/EDGE at the juco level, especially going to a SEC school

Reactions: BucksnortVol
You’re wrong on all of that information.

Attachments

• IMG_2944.jpeg
    IMG_2944.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 37

VN Store

Back