‘23 JUCO DE William Whitson

Surely this has to count for something. Any thoughts on this guy?

AP mentioned this kid on todays pod. Said he’s an athletic freak but his grades are really bad and he’s need to buckle down to get out of JUCO.

Said he’d be here Memorial Day weekend.

Edit: was a ‘22 kid but graduates JUCO December of this year.

AP mentioned this kid on todays pod. Said he’s an athletic freak but his grades are really bad and he’s need to buckle down to get out of JUCO.

Said he’d be here Memorial Day weekend.

Edit: was a ‘22 kid but graduates JUCO December of this year.
So he has horrible grades but plans to graduate JUCO early? That doesn’t really add up.

This situation reminds me of Evans last year. Bad grades and great talent. May try to get a one year contract with us. And we know how that played out.

This situation reminds me of Evans last year. Bad grades and great talent. May try to get a one year contract with us. And we know how that played out.

I'm not super familiar with that situation but sounded like we kinda laid back at the end last year.I think it was due to impending sanctions and Spyre making sure they had all there ducks in a row before introducing the greatest NIL ever known to man 😉... I honestly think we could have landed another 2 or 3 recruits just didn't wanna do anything to put the future in jeopardy.

This is a JUCO kid. If his grade issues are due to poor work ethic, then we probably won't touch him. He is freak athlete, but also very raw. It's not likely that he's a one and done. Cordarelle Patterson type players are super rare, meaning a JUCO that can perform on the highest levels off pure athleticism.

Reactions: Orange.

VN Store

Back