'19 JUCO DE Nick Figueroa

Can confirm the 247 report that JUCO DE Nick Figueroa will OV here this weekend. The California native has visited UCLA and USC the last two weeks.

The Trojans remain the frontrunners but Brian Niedermeyer has gotten the Vols in the mix.

The 6-5, 275-pound end has three years to play three seasons. He plans to sign next week.

- Simonton

Figueroa admitted he’s high on both USC and UCLA, but he said he “could definitely see myself going” to Tennessee after getting a pair of visits from tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer over the past few weeks. “He’s just been telling me to come, telling me to come,” Figueroa said of Niedermeyer. “I think it’s going to be a good time.”

“I’d been leaning toward (visiting) Tennessee, and I just kind of sat down with the family and just decided, ‘Yeah, I want to go to Tennessee.’ I watched the Auburn game and I kind of watched (Vols senior defensive end) Kyle Phillips the whole time, and I was like, ‘Yeah, I’ve got to go check it out.’”

“First off, Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt and that entire staff — (defensive line) coach (Tracy) Rocker — it’s, like, an all-star cast of coaches,” Figueroa said. “I mean, let’s be real. It’s a great situation that they have right now. And then they’re in a building stage. They’re graduating four D-linemen, and I think there’s going to be a chance for guys to step in there and get some significant playing time in the SEC. “And I haven’t seen anything outside of an hour from my house, so I think it’ll be valuable for me to go and see the other side of the United States and check out what Knoxville has to offer.”

“I want the best opportunity, best fit for me, if that’s in Los Angeles or Knoxville or anywhere,” said Figueroa, who plans to announce his college choice on Wednesday and enroll in January with three years to play his final three seasons of eligibility. “But I’m trying to keep an open mind in this process because I know that, if I have preconceived notions with everything, I’m not going to have the best answer for my football career. That’s kind of what I’m trying to figure out, is what puts me in the best position to make it to the NFL, make lots of money after college and all types of life decisions, make me a better man and enjoy the ride.”

SOB we are about to have one helluva huge recruiting weekend!

Reactions: SD189
He may not end up signing with us, but I don’t think you make a trip from SoCal to Knoxville in December just to get a free trip out of the recruiting process. Have to believe he will give us serious consideration.

Yup. The prospect of playing early at an SEC school is a big motivator. On top of that, he can be coached by guys that are famous for putting defensive players in the NFL. He's going to be a Vol.

Olijah Griffith Isaac Taylor Stuart say.........oh yeah?

Like I said, doesn’t mean he will sign here. Just seems to me if I wanted to take a December recruiting trip purely as a joyride I’d go to Miami or Austin or someplace that would be more of a fun weekend destination, at least for a kid from SoCal.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I think the kid is actually interested in us, we probably could have landed him before USC offered, I believe that is where he will end up now.

Like I said, doesn’t mean he will sign here. Just seems to me if I wanted to take a December recruiting trip purely as a joyride I’d go to Miami or Austin or someplace that would be more of a fun weekend destination, at least for a kid from SoCal.
that's fair. i was just pointing out that the trip itself doens't mean anything, as evidenced by those two guys last cycle.....there was other extenuating circumstances to their recruitment as well.....

basically, i was just being an azz............
:)

Reactions: Dudley Smith

VN Store

Back