'20 JUCO DE Jordan Davis (Mississippi State commit)

The question right now is Davis still in the class? The former Southwind standout has always been an enigmatic personality as a recruit, and he only furthered that notion Thursday afternoon by releasing a Top 6 tweet that didn’t include the very school he was committed to. Tennessee has been in regular contact with Davis and Thursday evening Davis actually deleted the Tweet announcing his top 6 schools. Some folks at Tennessee suggest Davis remains a part of the 2020 class, but clearly Davis is having conversations with more schools than just Tennessee.
-Hubbs

All the Volquest mods have said consistently that our staff has stopped communication with him for awhile now.
Assuming it's true that they simply stopped communicating, why ghost a kid like that? This is not unique to Tennessee from what I've heard, so I'm not criticizing the school or the staff in particular, just the practice. Seems like the stand-up thing to do would be to let him know where he stands and just to cut him loose. Maybe that's what really happened here, but I frequently read "staff stopped communicating" and if any staff just basically ghosts a kid, it's a prick move from supposed adults.

Assuming it's true that they simply stopped communicating, why ghost a kid like that? This is not unique to Tennessee from what I've heard, so I'm not criticizing the school or the staff in particular, just the practice. Seems like the stand-up thing to do would be to let him know where he stands and just to cut him loose. Maybe that's what really happened here, but I frequently read "staff stopped communicating" and if any staff just basically ghosts a kid, it's a prick move from supposed adults.
Only situation under which I could see it being acceptable is if there is a serious threat of litigation.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Assuming it's true that they simply stopped communicating, why ghost a guy like that? This is not unique to Tennessee from what I've heard, so not criticizing the school or the staff in particular, just the practice. Seems like the stand-up thing to do would be to let him know where he stands and just to cut him loose. Maybe that's what really happened here, but I frequently read "staff stopped communicating" and if any staff just basically ghosts a kid, it's a prick move from supposed adults.

This is a head scratcher. Even if kid is a headcase, a talented headcase is a warm body. Cant field an entire roster of PWO's, amirite?

Not a fan of "stopped communication" but "haven't been pushing as hard" is far more common.
That may allow the kid advantages by being the one to end things, in favor of a school that wants him more.

Outside of recruitniks, folks think the school slipped and the player looks good. See it in the FF all the time.
"Staff couldn't even hold onto ___ smh"

Not a fan of "stopped communication" but "haven't been pushing as hard" is far more common.
That may allow the kid advantages by being the one to end things, in favor of a school that wants him more.

Outside of recruitniks, folks think the school slipped and the player looks good. See it in the FF all the time.
And maybe that's what happened here, maybe he was told that we didn't have a spot for him and he just botched the public roll-out his de-commit, certainly wouldn't be unheard of for an 18 year old. Still, whenever I hear about any program just ghosting a kid, it turns my stomach, because it's nutless if it's true.

Perhaps his tendency to say things he shouldn't concerned them enough to put some distance between them. Given that we have an all-star recruiting staff with years of experience and success, and a recruit who has time and again demonstrated flakiness, not sure why anyone would assume the coaches are in the wrong on this.

Perhaps his tendency to say things he shouldn't concerned them enough to put some distance between them. Given that we have an all-star recruiting staff with years of experience and success, and a recruit who has time and again demonstrated flakiness, not sure why anyone would assume the coaches are in the wrong on this.

maybe they assumed 'commitment' means something, and expected someone to honor that?

The FF, and some posters on this Forum, will always find a negative spin, even if it's light years from the truth--especially if it's an in-state kid.

I hope this kid is part of the class, but his flaky behavior online is raising a lot of red flags, IMO. Best to cut bait early if we're moving on.

VN Store

Back