JUCO DBs-McKenzie and Willingham

hvwarrior58

VN GURU
Here is a little info on the 2:

McKenzie's stats:
74 Tackles 2 Sacks in 8 games
Led Trinity Valley CC in tackles.

Willingham
Described as a big corner back, 6-feet, 202 pound Willingham intercepted eight passes over two seasons for the Roadrunners and was named to the Foothills All-Conference team twice.

"Most corners with his speed are 178 (pounds) and 5-10," said Roadrunners head coach Dean Dowly. "He's 6-foot tall, 200 pounds and runs 4.3. He's got real long arms. He can be physical in bump and run. He just runs well. Syracuse's linebacker coach was in here the other day and thought he was a linebacker."

Not bad if we can bring in a JUCO safety that is 6'2" 210 and runs a 4.35 40 and a JUCO CB that is 6' 202 and runs a 4.3 40, especially when both are considered extremely physical.

Does that mean you have encouragement regarding McKenzie?

I know people will think I'm crazy but he seems to me more important than Austin. There are 3 good DT's in this class already who could contribute next year. There is a major hole at safety. These guys as a pair of safeties with Hef back at CB could be special.

Does that mean you have encouragement regarding McKenzie?

I know people will think I'm crazy but he seems to me more important than Austin. There are 3 good DT's in this class already who could contribute next year. There is a major hole at safety. These guys as a pair of safeties with Hef back at CB could be special.

I don't think you're crazy, this make all the sense in the world.

I don't know much about Willingham, but with his size and speed, he sounds a little underrated to me. Physical and fast sounds good to me. Jason Allen was physical and fast too. Not saying he'll be as good, but it sounds like he has the tools. Hopefully he'll challenge for starting time immediately.

McKenzie is much bigger than Austin. Austin hasn't been a big guy on our board all recruiting season because of the longshot.

I think we land McKenzie but who knows.

Willingham and McKenzie are both underrated but that will change tomorrow, bank it.

HV, does Willingham have a solid shot at starting? I loved his recruiting videos.

Same question regarding McKenzie if we land him.

I woulld like to see both come to ut.

IT is not a good time for us to wait until some HS safty grows up, like McNeil. We need immediate help from some proved guys like these two guys.

BTW, I would not care if McNeil go to Bama or elsewhere. For Bama, they will still suck in next few years. They have the time to wait, but we do not.

I think both have a solid shot at starting. I'd think that only one spot is filled for next year so it will be a royal rumble for the last 3 spots.

As for McKenzie's ranking bump, I have no idea where he will be jump. Some have indicated possible 5* along with Willingham but none of the experts have said that. I'd say it'll be at least 4* 5.9.

I think both have a solid shot at starting. I'd think that only one spot is filled for next year so it will be a royal rumble for the last 3 spots.

As for McKenzie's ranking bump, I have no idea where he will be jump. Some have indicated possible 5* along with Willingham but none of the experts have said that. I'd say it'll be at least 4* 5.9.

Because I, and a lot of people, have faith in JUCO players jumping right in, I'd be thrilled with Willingham and Fellows at corner, with Hefney and McKenzie (if landed) at the safeties. Allows Kemp, Wardlow, and others to add depth, which would be a solid 2 deep. thoughts?

Not bad if we can bring in a JUCO safety that is 6'2" 210 and runs a 4.35 40 and a JUCO CB that is 6' 202 and runs a 4.3 40, especially when both are considered extremely physical.
That would be awesome..

Don't forget about Berry, Evans, and the rest of our incoming freshmen. Evans will be here for spring practice so that will help.

Evans looks like he has a nose for the ball in his vids, I think he'd play nicely @ Safety. I could see him playin' some on Offense & Special Teams too.

yeah, i could see Berry and Willingham at corners. Hefney and McKenzie at safety. That would be sweet because all of them can fly and hit like tanks for Defensive backs.

Willingham is already commited to us.. I think Mckenzie is supposed to announce after his Florida visit, which was this weekend.. So he should be announcing soon.

Will Rivals/Scout update their data base anymore? I mean this is the same person all the way, but higher rank helps me sleep better.:)

VN Store

Back