'21 JUCO CB Roterius Torrence (Auburn transfer)

Campbell ignores recruiting rankings. He wants football players that love the game, work hard, and keep their nose clean. Let’s try that approach for a while.

It does us no good to recruit a top rated class if the players leave prematurely or don’t want to get better.
Couldn’t agree more, we have to totally rebuild the culture here. We unfortunately have a culture where losing is no big deal, don’t believe me just look at the players faces on some losses the last few years.

Oh yes, pointing out the obvious that these types of recruits with mediocre offer lists won’t get us far somehow means I’m not a real vol fan. All of you spewed the same garbage when Dooley took Cody Blanc.
So obvious that you can't even gauge the talent for yourself.
But if Mark Stoops, Lane Kiffin or ANY other power 5 HC other than Heupel offers, then all of a sudden he becomes legit😅 .

No, you are really not a Vol fan right now. Not because you don't like the pick up. But your logic behind not liking it is the issue.

Last edited:
Campbell ignores recruiting rankings. He wants football players that love the game, work hard, and keep their nose clean. Let’s try that approach for a while.

It does us no good to recruit a top rated class if the players leave prematurely or don’t want to get better.
Been there and done that and did not enjoy it.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
We had better get the roster filled before sanctions hit. How hard will it be to fill the roster being short of the 85 and having to deal with possible scholly reductions?
We need to add some decent players to the roster and give the whole team good coaching. Then put the football on the tee and see what happens. Let's Go!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Samthebam
You can't win in the SEC with these 5 that we got, out of all of them i would take 1.
I know the staff is against all odds due to sanctions and stuff. We just have to hope they can develop and out coach more talented teams. I’m not confident due to the trend JH had UCF going in, but who knows. We definitely won’t out talent many SEC teams with this type of recruiting but if our coaching is top tier we can win some we shouldn’t

Just a question. Did Majors recruit top 10 recruiting classes? Honestly I don’t know. However he won about as many conference champs as Fuller did with all his high ranked classes. Fulmer still couldn’t beat Fl then. Modern day Tenn football 90s - today has not been beating the top conference teams are a regular basis in quite some time. Whether that was just one team ahead of them or 3 teams ahead. There is a middle ground between winning 3 games and winning the SEC.

I know the staff is against all odds due to sanctions and stuff. We just have to hope they can develop and out coach more talented teams. I’m not confident due to the trend JH had UCF going in, but who knows. We definitely won’t out talent many SEC teams with this type of recruiting but if our coaching is top tier we can win some we shouldn’t
There's literally nothing they could possibly do to recruit at the highest level in this league. We are practically in a dead period and we have sanctions hanging over our head. Who outside of someone like Urban Meyer would have us having a May like we had last year?

Just silly to worry about recruiting right now. They haven't had a chance yet and we at least already have us a really good QB in this class.

We are still more talented than every team on our schedule except for UGA, Bama and UF.

The only reasonable thing to worry about is whether or not the product on the field this fall wins us some games and gets people excited about the future.

Lol 😂 right because we’ve never lost to any of those teams. Also those players were recruited by Auburn like I said but I guess since Arkansas was listed you dismissed that fact 😂
We outrecruited one legit sec school. Yay. I just hope he can develop talent unlike our last 3 coaches.

Reactions: CJBlaze
We outrecruited one legit sec school. Yay. I just hope he can develop talent unlike our last 3 coaches.
I mean we literally just went 3-7 and replaced an entire coaching staff…. What exactly are you looking for? You thinking Elite 5 stars are going to immediately come to a program that hasn’t even been able to showcase what it can do yet?

If we win games convincingly in the Fall recruiting will come around. On top of that, this staff has been really sparse about offers because they don’t want to send out 1 billion non-commitable offers

One charlie horse would’ve had us scrambling and holding tryouts. Lot better options available in a short amount of time.
I gave you a like for the use of Charlie horse 🐎. I wonder how many people under 40 are familiar with that term.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back