'21 JUCO CB Roterius Torrence (Auburn transfer)

if other schools offer and pursue I’ll feel better about it

You can just about bet the mortgage that if Bama/UGA/OSU pursue and offer he is gone. You will feel better, but so what.

We have to accept the fact that for the time being we are going to have to try and get this done without the first tier players. They want to go to programs and that win and pay well.

Not sure we can do either given our current circumstances.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Explain how we are “recruiting as worse as we ever have please…..” we have 4 commits and all of those commits have high upside, on top of that we haven’t even started the Season and there haven’t been any Official visits or camps allowed.

Once Official visits and camps are allowed our recruiting is going to pick up. It will then continue to pick up when Huepel and our boys show what our offense and defense can do.

If anything this staff has been extremely impressive by what they have done with the transfer portal.
High upside. A term that means the top tier teams didn’t offer.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
Coaches whose careers are made and broken by recruiting, who have spent their lives evaluating talent don't know as much as these jag offs who look at stars. Let's face it. Negavols are much better at recruiting than these amateur coaches.

I am noticing more and more the ''Tough Guy Style'' is becoming a theme with our defense.. physicality alone can destroy an offensive mentally.

Reactions: Vols4us
I personally do not think Tenn is going to get a full class of elite players at this point and time. They may get a few (just like they have done for the last 4 years) but they will probably have to take some chances with kids not being offered by Bama, Fl, and Ga. Just get players that can win against against the other 8-9 teams they play and show improvements. I’d be willing to bet these kids being recruited will understand how to line up correctly after a few games. That will be a huge improvement.

I personally do not think Tenn is going to get a full class of elite players at this point and time. They may get a few (just like they have done for the last 4 years) but they will probably have to take some chances with kids not being offered by Bama, Fl, and Ga. Just get players that can win against against the other 8-9 teams they play and show improvements. I’d be willing to bet these kids being recruited will understand how to line up correctly after a few games. That will be a huge improvement.
Don't look for it until we start putting up points and then winning. Appreciate the ones willing to come now.

Right. So he's saying all of our current commits are projects. That's very reassuring.

Projects…. Yeah projects because they are still in High School…. 😂 how many kids that go to college are ready to play immediately? Answer, not very many. All Freshman are technically projects.

These are guys that have high ceilings for what they can accomplish given their current builds and athleticism.

You can spin it however you want but our 5 current commits are very good pickups and fit what this staff wants.

Projects…. Yeah projects because they are still in High School…. 😂 how many kids that go to college are ready to play immediately? Answer, not very many. All Freshman are technically projects.

These are guys that have high ceilings for what they can accomplish given their current builds and athleticism.

You can spin it however you want but our 5 current commits are very good pickups and fit what this staff wants.
Beating out FAU, east Carolina, and Utah state for recruits is definitely going to get us to the promise land.

Reactions: overseasorange2
Oh yes, pointing out the obvious that these types of recruits with mediocre offer lists won’t get us far somehow means I’m not a real vol fan. All of you spewed the same garbage when Dooley took Cody Blanc.
If it's so obvious there is no need for you to point it out.

Oh yes, pointing out the obvious that these types of recruits with mediocre offer lists won’t get us far somehow means I’m not a real vol fan. All of you spewed the same garbage when Dooley took Cody Blanc.
That was his legacy? Not Justin Hunter or Cordarrelle Patterson? 😏

Don't look for it until we start putting up points and then winning. Appreciate the ones willing to come now.

Bingo. Don't get the whine on here at times. Accept reality and let the staff prove they can make good lemonade out of lemons that are laying on the ground. Some of those lemons may be ripe and just lying there ready for consumption. Once they prove they can make the lemonade, they will have their pick of the best fruit still on the recruiting tree.

I know I’m beating a dead horse here, but how in the hell has Matt Campbell been successful at Iowa St? Matt Rhule at Baylor before? We don’t need a coach to come in and recruit paper tigers, our salvation as a program will come from a coacher and developer. It’s funny the “realists” make sure and point out daily where the program is (Cap’n Obvious statements IMO) but then get pissy when we’re not recruiting like it’s 1999. Hilarious really.

I know I’m beating a dead horse here, but how in the hell has Matt Campbell been successful at Iowa St? Matt Rhule at Baylor before? We don’t need a coach to come in and recruit paper tigers, our salvation as a program will come from a coacher and developer. It’s funny the “realists” make sure and point out daily where the program is (Cap’n Obvious statements IMO) but then get pissy when we’re not recruiting like it’s 1999. Hilarious really.
Campbell ignores recruiting rankings. He wants football players that love the game, work hard, and keep their nose clean. Let’s try that approach for a while.

It does us no good to recruit a top rated class if the players leave prematurely or don’t want to get better.

VN Store

Back