'21 JUCO CB Khyree Jackson

Bama’s secondary had their fair share of problems this year, but a lot of that might’ve had to do with their pass rush not living up to expectations. You have to think that if Saban took him that there’s something there, and he can’t be worse than what we currently have on the roster
Turnage came from there too…

He isn’t. AD Mitchell embarrassed this guy in the national title game last year and he’s slipped down the depth chart this year.

And Bamas secondary isn’t anything to write home about. They’ve had as many problems as we’ve had
I mean, he was a freshman last year

Hmm on the one hand he probably did something horrible or isn't very good to be kept out of that Alabama secondary. On the other, he is in fact a warm body with a CB on his 24 account.

Turnage came from there too…
Turnage showed a lot of potential last year when Jackson was out. Perhaps he picked up bad habits while being coached by Martinez. That seems to be a trend with our entire secondary considering they’ve regressed over the past 2 years outside of the Kentucky game. Turnage at least plays halfway decent with the ball in the air which is better than every other DB that just watches the WR catch it then either pushes the guy out of bounds or tries to strip the ball

Turnage showed a lot of potential last year when Jackson was out. Perhaps he picked up bad habits while being coached by Martinez. That seems to be a trend with our entire secondary considering they’ve regressed over the past 2 years outside of the Kentucky game. Turnage at least plays halfway decent with the ball in the air which is better than every other DB that just watches the WR catch it then either pushes the guy out of bounds or tries to strip the ball
2021 full season our defense allowed 42% 3rd down conversions and 53% 4th down conversions.

2022 thru the last game we allowed 36% on 3rd down and 54% on 4th down.

The fourth down stats are hard to judge because they are typically short yardage plays but the 3rd down percentage dropped some. One thing that I did find odd is that we had 44 sacks in 2021 compared to only 23 so far this year. Some of that could be contributed to receivers coming open early but I would say a lot of that comes from a pass rush getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage.

2021 full season our defense allowed 42% 3rd down conversions and 53% 4th down conversions.

The fourth down stats are hard to judge because they are typically short yardage plays but the 3rd down percentage dropped some. One thing that I did find odd is that we had 44 sacks in 2021 compared to only 23 so far this year. Some of that could be contributed to receivers coming open early but I would say a lot of that comes from a pass rush getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage.

FIRE GARNER

did I do that right? Maybe should’ve said FIRE GARDNER

Reactions: Exiled

We had 2 NFL players in the secondary last year tho. Theo and Alontae

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I mean I don't think the secondary was that bad against mizzou even. They had really held their own since the Florida game.

Just during the south carolina game we got on our heels and Banks called the most vanilla defense football has ever seen.

Turnage and Slaughter were playing well until USCjr.

So the players on the 2022 roster are playing better than they were a year ago. That’s my take away anyway. Thinking we have 2 or 3 freshmen starting next year
That’s what it looks like. If we could see a similar improvement next year along with who we are adding it would be nice.

Reactions: bpalmer28
I mean I don't think the secondary was that bad against mizzou even. They had really held their own since the Florida game.

Just during the south carolina game we got on our heels and Banks called the most vanilla defense football has ever seen.

Turnage and Slaughter were playing well until USCjr.
Kentucky’s line doesn’t give Levis enough time to throw and Missouri moved the ball fairly well on us for a half. Turnage and Slaughter have flashed potential at times, but to say they were playing well isn’t really the case. Missouri and Kentucky’s QB play just wasn’t very good

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Kentucky’s line doesn’t give Levis enough time to throw and Missouri moved the ball fairly well on us for a half
You can’t just pick out random things. Mizzo did move the ball in the first half and UKs online isn’t the best. Both are true and neither have anything to do with the secondary playing better this year. Last week was terrible but as a whole, they are playing better. The numbers prove it. The stats I posted include the USCjr game. I notice you left out the LSU game because it didn’t fit into wanting to win a message board debate.

You can’t just pick out random things. Mizzo did move the ball in the first half and UKs online isn’t the best. Both are true and neither have anything to do with the secondary playing better this year. Last week was terrible but as a whole, they are playing better. The numbers prove it. The stats I posted include the USCjr game. I notice you left out the LSU game because it didn’t fit into wanting to win a message board debate.
LSU wasn’t the team then that they are now and Brian Kelly made some horrible coaching decisions. We did play well that game don’t get me wrong, but Jayden Daniels hadn’t become comfortable as a passer down the field up until that point. Don’t try to sit there and say our secondary is anything other than pathetic. Because it is and has been all season

LSU wasn’t the team then that they are now and Brian Kelly made some horrible coaching decisions. We did play well that game don’t get me wrong, but Jayden Daniels hadn’t become comfortable as a passer down the field up until that point. Don’t try to sit there and say our secondary is anything other than pathetic. Because it is and has been all season
Did you watch the Arkansas game? They looked awful.

So can anyone post some stats that would justify wasting a roster spot on this guy? Or are we just saying oh he is from Bama so he has to better than what we have?

Reactions: INDEFENSE

VN Store

Back