JRich to Boston

Eek. Tatum, Kemba, and Smart all still play for Boston, right?
Kemba was traded for Horford, now Thompson is getting ditched for Richardson. Tatum has played a lot of 4 and some 3 in the last two years, and it looks like Horford and Robert Williams will play more 5. I’m wondering if they’re going with Smart as PG and putting Richardson in the SG rotation.

Kemba was traded for Horford, now Thompson is getting ditched for Richardson. Tatum has played a lot of 4 and some 3 in the last two years, and it looks like Horford and Robert Williams will play more 5. I’m wondering if they’re going with Smart as PG and putting Richardson in the SG rotation.

Assuming they retain Smart (idk if the financials work for that) and let Fournier go in free agency…

Then I’d assume the starting lineup will be

Smart
Brown
Tatum
Horford
Timelord

Assuming they retain Smart (idk if the financials work for that) and let Fournier go in free agency…

Smart
Brown
Tatum
Horford
Timelord
I don’t see them doing that. I think they firmly see Horford as a 5, and Tatum has played the majority of his minutes at the 4 for the last 2 years.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Who’d a thunk he’d be having the solid NBA career and Stokes wouldn’t? Best thing that Cuonzo did at UT was signing JR.
I remember telling my Dad the first time I saw Stokes run "full speed" down the court that he'd never play in the NBA long term. His feet were so big it looked like he was running with clown shoes. I wished he'd stayed his entire career here. Would've been dominant his last year.

Yup that Tyndall Terror Defense really is what got him drafted lol

He helped him with his offensive game and moving him to PG was significant in his development

Who’d a thunk he’d be having the solid NBA career and Stokes wouldn’t? Best thing that Cuonzo did at UT was signing JR.

6-6 guards do better in the NBA than 6-6 post men. It’s a shame Stokes isn’t a couple inches taller. He’s a beast.

6-6 guards do better in the NBA than 6-6 post men. It’s a shame Stokes isn’t a couple inches taller. He’s a beast.

Yes. It makes a lot of sense in hindsight. But JRich was a 3 star from OK and kind of came in under the radar. Stokes, I believe, was a 5 star and was a huge mid-season addition. It’s always great to land the big names out of Memphis. The Stokes hype even flowed over to the recruitment of his little brother.

Smart
Brown
Tatum
Horford
Timelord
I love JRich's fit here. He's got to find his outside shot again but he should get to handle the ball a bit more since they lack a true Luka type PG. Glad he's with Grant also. Two high character dudes for the locker room

VN Store

Back