Jox radio on Miller situation

wmcovol

McElroy had a defense attorney( not involved with this case) on his show to discuss options that may have occurred in this situation. His comments :
1) a lot of people with money have an interest in Miller getting out of this. Miller had someone probably get legal representation immediately and began discussions with the DA
2) Miller may have agreed early to assist with prosecuting exchange for no charges. (DA could have got this simply charging Miller with accessory)
3) there’s a lot that has gone on behind the scenes that we don’t/won’t know about on this.

Draw your own conclusions (attorney did not say this)

Just sharing what the attorney said.

McElroy had a defense attorney( not involved with this case) on his show to discuss options that may have occurred in this situation. His comments :
1) a lot of people with money have an interest in Miller getting out of this. Miller had someone probably get legal representation immediately and began discussions with the DA
2) Miller may have agreed early to assist with prosecuting exchange for no charges. (DA could have got this simply charging Miller with accessory)
3) there’s a lot that has gone on behind the scenes that we don’t/won’t know about on this.

Here's my take....although I'm no attorney. He obviously has sidestepped charges because he can shoot a basketball. I don't care what the charges are, the University/Oates must do the right thing regardless of how much it hurts.

Yeah-everybody’s a gangster until the detectives interview you. Then they snitch. Accessory to murder, a snitch, and a Bammer. Lots to hate. The media should file a FOIA request after the trials are over to see if he snitched and report it. Clearly his phony rep means a lot to him and unfortunately that and the civil case might be the only justice the victims get relative to Miller.

Yeah-everybody’s a gangster until the detectives interview you. Then they snitch. Accessory to murder, a snitch, and a Bammer. Lots to hate. The media should file a FOIA request after the trials are over to see if he snitched and report it. Clearly his phony rep means a lot to him and unfortunately that and the civil case might be the only justice the victims get relative to Miller.

Miller will have to testify at trial and his life as a "gangster" will be over. He'll probably be known in the NBA as a snitch

Here's my take....although I'm no attorney. He obviously has sidestepped charges because he can shoot a basketball. I don't care what the charges are, the University/Oates must do the right thing regardless of how much it hurts.
Yep. If he's a benchwarmer, or just a random dude living in Tuscaloosa, I guarantee you a charge is brought of some kind or at the very least would still be under an active investigation.

When you have exceptional talent at something, you get benefits of the doubt that "regular" people do not. It's only after all potential benefits of the doubt have been explored and exhausted that they get consequences.

Miller will have to testify at trial and his life as a "gangster" will be over. He'll probably be known in the NBA as a snitch
canary-bird.gif

The whole program of Alabama is a joke.. Miller provided the murder weapon, and knew the intent of what the weapon is for.. everyone knows what a pistol can do… It’s almost pre meditated when you read the report, there literally getting away with murder and tried covering it up.. Nate Oats should be in jail with them and the Tuscaloosa police department needs to be investigated.. A poor women lost her life and this guy is playing basketball tonight.. wow

The whole program of Alabama is a joke.. Miller provided the murder weapon, and knew the intent of what the weapon is for.. everyone knows what a pistol can do… It’s almost pre meditated when you read the report, there literally getting away with murder and tried covering it up.. Nate Oats should be in jail with them and the Tuscaloosa police department needs to be investigated.. A poor women lost her life and this guy is playing basketball tonight.. wow [VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

Reactions: Ratvol
The whole program of Alabama is a joke.. Miller provided the murder weapon, and knew the intent of what the weapon is for.. everyone knows what a pistol can do… It’s almost pre meditated when you read the report, there literally getting away with murder and tried covering it up.. Nate Oats should be in jail with them and the Tuscaloosa police department needs to be investigated.. A poor women lost her life and this guy is playing basketball tonight.. wow
Agree 100%
I don’t care how good he can shoot a basketball, that was someone’s daughter, sister,cousin and this fool who provided the murder weapon and even commented to the shooter about it being loaded with one in the head knew what the intent was when he gave HIS GUN to the murderer. Alabama and the NCAA is a damn joke!
Karma is a BITC*

Really concerning. BUT nation wide at every level of society we are seeing criminal activity NOT being prosecuted. Everyone knows about it, more than enough evidence to convict, and NOTHING is being done about it. Read the Book of Proverbs and see what happens to a society when the guilty go unpunished. THAT’s where our nation is presently and it’s only going to get worse. This is a big picture issue IMO.

Really concerning. BUT nation wide at every level of society we are seeing criminal activity NOT being prosecuted. Everyone knows about it, more than enough evidence to convict, and NOTHING is being done about it. Read the Book of Proverbs and see what happens to a society when the guilty go unpunished. THAT’s where our nation is presently and it’s only going to get worse. This is a big picture issue IMO.
Wish I had more than one like to give.

We don't need to read the Book of Proverbs to get a handle on the situation....More people are in prison in America than in any other country, by far, I believe. So the notion that the guilty go unpunished in this country is the opposite of the truth.

We don't need to read the Book of Proverbs to get a handle on the situation....More people are in prison in America than in any other country, by far, I believe. So the notion that the guilty go unpunished in this country is the opposite of the truth.
Or, maybe we have a lot more crime and a lot more criminals in this country, many of which are not punished.

If you are going to spout statistics, need to give a cite/show your work. Even if true, number of incarcerated has no direct bearing on number of crimes committed or prosecuted. That's lefty math.

In a circuitous way, you've hit on the root problem. It's not the criminal system. It's that the family unit has been destroyed and we've taken God and His word out of our foundation as a country. Only one way back.

In a circuitous way, you've hit on the root problem. It's not the criminal system. It's that the family unit has been destroyed and we've taken God and His word out of our foundation as a country. Only one way back.
100% accurate. Dr. Carson is trying his best to help…but this may be a pearl and swine issue so I’ll leave it alone. Truth ALWAYS stands by itself.

New York says hi

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion

as an alternate take on this - maybe we have a country where a very sizable chunk of the population commits crimes; particularly violent crime.

I'll add that we also have a country where we over incarcerate non-violent crime but are over correcting by not incarcerating violent crime

I'll preface this by saying it is my assumption that Miller knew before he arrived at the scene that he was bringing a gun as requested. I also see how that may not be charge worthy given the difficulty in proving it.

We have a culture of young men settling problems with fire arms. Things that used to result in fights now result in shootings.

Removing consequences from participating in the new culture (eg. bringing a gun to your buddy who told you he's in a dispute) simply because criminal charges did not occur only serves to perpetuate the culture. If UA (or any program) really cares about young men then it would see that letting Miller play is essentially condoning the culture and sending the message that it's only a problem if charges result.

I'll preface this by saying it is my assumption that Miller knew before he arrived at the scene that he was bringing a gun as requested. I also see how that may not be charge worthy given the difficulty in proving it.

We have a culture of young men settling problems with fire arms. Things that used to result in fights now result in shootings.

Removing consequences from participating in the new culture (eg. bringing a gun to your buddy who told you he's in a dispute) simply because criminal charges did not occur only serves to perpetuate the culture. If UA (or any program) really cares about young men then it would see that letting Miller play is essentially condoning the culture and sending the message that it's only a problem if charges result.
I found this especially well said.

Also, a buddy of mine last year when preparing to settle a dispute at his triplex: "I'm a grown man. I don't need to bring a gun to an argument." Indeed...

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back