Josh Tuned Down Nico Fever

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
popcorn.gif

Wait, wasn't Dennis Dodd trying to start the rumor Nico wasn't that good weeks before spring practice had even started?

23 Things for Spring: College football teams, names and storylines you need to know entering 2023

"How Iamaleava lives up to his contract will be mixed in with new offensive coordinator Joey Hazle. You won't believe this -- actually, you will -- but there are already whispers Iamaleava isn't worth the $8M. "

It’s amazing how poor the world of journalism has become. Maybe it’s always occurred and social media has allowed the masses to voice their opinion. But for someone to suggest there are whispers about Nico….. Furthermore, he didn’t receive $8 million, $6 million, etc. I miss the days where facts were needed to back up one’s thoughts. But as my son says, I’m old - 😝.

Wait, wasn't Dennis Dodd trying to start the rumor Nico wasn't that good weeks before spring practice had even started?

23 Things for Spring: College football teams, names and storylines you need to know entering 2023

"How Iamaleava lives up to his contract will be mixed in with new offensive coordinator Joey Hazle. You won't believe this -- actually, you will -- but there are already whispers Iamaleava isn't worth the $8M. "
These dudes are not there to put out opinions they exist to get clicks.. they will say anything that gets clicked.. one week they love the vols the next they hate them. whichever one gets clicks gets posted.

Sadly we now live in a world where attention is the commodity everyone wants most. If you're in the new be it good or bad it does not matter because its a commodity. Its quite sad.

After a recent scrimmage, Heupel dialed back the excitement for Nico just a bit. Heupel didn't criticize the former five-star recruit, but he acknowledged that Iamaleava still has a long way to go.

“Continuing to grow," said Heupel last week when asked about Iamaleava. "A long ways from being where we need him to (be), but that’s understandable. Where he’s at, this part of spring ball, really happy with what he’s done. His work ethic, attention to detail, ability to rebound, and how intentional he is in the way that he works. He continues to get better every time he gets on the field, which is what you want to see from your young guys.”

Heupel was still quick to praise Nico, but he made it clear that the young quarterback still has a lot of developing to do (which is to be expected for any true freshman -- especially during spring football).

Those two articles are kind of nothing burgers. The first is just some boilerplate language from Heupel about Nico which sounds like every head coach talking about every highly rated freshman QQ. The second says Joe wasn't ranked as a top 10 QB preseason which . . . duh. He's started 4 games in the last two years

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Those two articles are kind of nothing burgers. The first is just some boilerplate language from Heupel about Nico which sounds like every head coach talking about every highly rated freshman QQ. The second says Joe wasn't ranked as a top 10 QB preseason which . . . duh. He's started 4 games in the last two years
Heupel is trying to put the brakes on any fan expectation that Nico should start. As myself and others have said, if Nico ends up taking over at any point this year, it will mean the W-L column is not going to be where we hope. This team goes as far as Milton and a hopefully improved defense takes them. That is not to say anything bad in regards to Nico, but rather that the SEC is a tough place for true freshmen quarterbacks, even Uber talented ones. Best not to subject them to a sink or swim situation except at the uttermost need. If you have to subject them to a sink or swim situation, it's generally going to be a pretty bumpy ride.

Last edited:
It’s amazing how poor the world of journalism has become. Maybe it’s always occurred and social media has allowed the masses to voice their opinion. But for someone to suggest there are whispers about Nico….. Furthermore, he didn’t receive $8 million, $6 million, etc. I miss the days where facts were needed to back up one’s thoughts. But as my son says, I’m old - 😝.
I read you, whippersnapper.

We have no idea how much of Nico's NIL is guaranteed.
I would suspect @25%, based on pro contracts.
I would also expect many pre-conditions for receiving money, such as Being on the team and participating in public events representing his sponsors, and so forth.

Reactions: wmcovol

No recruit in history has been worth $8M. But hey, it's 2023. That's football .....

Also half of the articles they don’t even take the time to spell check. Starting to wonder if anyone with average English skills can become a clickbait journalist.

Reactions: Dansky

As I've stated before, a lot of whispers going around about Dodd. Is he a meth dealer? No idea, but there are certainly whispers according to this article.

The Journalistic Integrity of CBS Sports Rests On Whether Dennis Dodd Is Not A Meth Dealer - Off Tackle Empire

Milton is the starter for game one and it's his year unless he loses it.
You don't forfeit over half a decade of college experience with cannon for an arm for the sake of the young buck unless he is like rain man just with football.

VN Store

Back