Josh Richardson agrees to a 3 year deal with the Miami Heat

I wouldn't be surprised if JRich had a long journeyman career in front of him. His defensive skills will make him useful for a long time.

Even though some don't seem to think much of taking a team with four returning players, moving the best of them to the point, and finishing with a .500 record, you have to admit that if not for that move (pure genius) and coaching him to play the position, it is highly unlikely Josh would be on a NBA roster now.
Quoting from a 247 article: "A combo wing who was utilized at point guard, shooting guard and small forward in summer league, Richardson provides low-cost flexibility for the Heat perimeter rotation. The Heat cleared space in their backcourt in advance of Richardson's signing by trading point guard Shabazz Napier and shooting guard Zoran Dragic."
"I feel perfect running the point. I can run the point or the two. I'm a versatile player," Richardson said during summer league. "Coach can throw me out there anywhere and I'll be all right."
So the Miami heat got a one for two deal with Josh and helped their bottom line tremendously. This should allow them to go after another star player and bring the Heat back into the big picture.
Big props to the newest Vol in the NBA. Go, Vols and Go, Heat! :good!:

Oh good, you're back.

And with another thinly veiled Tyndall achievement to boast about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Josh Richardson thread.

Yes, so remove this then:

Even though some don't seem to think much of taking a team with four returning players, moving the best of them to the point, and finishing with a .500 record, you have to admit that if not for that move (pure genius) and coaching him to play the position, it is highly unlikely Josh would be on a NBA roster now.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back