Josh Pate giving us a good chance

Isn’t he actually a Tennessee fan? For some reason I’m under that impression

He's based out of Nashville, but originally from Columbus, GA area. He's pretty good at not showing any real favoritism imo. I don't think he's a Vol fan.

Of all the podcasts out there that cover the Vols, I like his and Hubbs/Price the most. Almost all of the rest I can take in small doses. I wish they'd make Vol Calls call less. More well thought out content and less stupid questions from the fans. I find myself yelling at the radio. lol

Last edited:
That's sort of where I am.

If I were an Iowa or Oklahoma fan and I had to pick this game, I'd pick Tennessee. We've looked like the better team and it's at Neyland.

But as a Tennessee fan who has seen us lose to bad Florida teams in every way imaginable, this game still gives me a lot of trepidation.
I am hoping this is the 2004 Sox Yankees paradigm shift moment . At time was 4th generation PTSD Sox fan. After coming back from 0-3 and that blowout win Game 7 in the ALCS, I always believe the Sox would win. This game on Saturday could be that moment

In a sample size of about 3000 games 8-11.5 point favorites are straight up winners about 77 percent of the time. We are literally never favored over Florida by this margin. So odds makers who have no bias are pretty sure we will win. Computers who have no bias are pretty certain we will win. BVS prevents most of us from being particularly confident.

I've been watching Josh Pate for awhile now and I think at one point he said his mom was a Vol fan. That may be why he seems to treat us with some dignity.

Josh Pate is from Columbus, GA. He’s never made his allegiance known. He is highly professional with putting any biases or agendas aside. Most fair and level college football voice. His podcast is the best listen for any diehard college football fan. If you want hot takes and humor, Finebaum, Barstool, Cowherd or Kanell are better options. Pate is straightforward.
He like Iowa state

VN Store

Back