Josh Pate giving us a good chance

Gaaaa I'm so worried about Florida still. It's so Tennessee to see Richardson on the first drive go 5 for 5 for like 63 yards and a TD. Maybe Heupel can break this curse that has impacted Tennessee so long

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Josh Pate is from Columbus, GA. He’s never made his allegiance known. He is highly professional with putting any biases or agendas aside. Most fair and level college football voice. His podcast is the best listen for any diehard college football fan. If you want hot takes and humor, Finebaum, Barstool, Cowherd or Kanell are better options. Pate is straightforward.

I think I'm like most of you. My head says that UT should win this one and potentially with a comfort margin.

My heart says its been broken too many times when UT lost in spite of what "should have been".

That's sort of where I am.

If I were an Iowa or Oklahoma fan and I had to pick this game, I'd pick Tennessee. We've looked like the better team and it's at Neyland.

But as a Tennessee fan who has seen us lose to bad Florida teams in every way imaginable, this game still gives me a lot of trepidation.

Josh is good, but, he must get paid by the word.

Agreed. Pate is an "honest" voice compared to a lot of the talking heads in college football media, and he can do more biting commentary (like holding up a milk jug with "Expired - 2014" to make a point about Jimbo Fisher's offensive system) with a free hand. That's worth a lot when compared against the ESPNs and FOXs of the world.

But heavens does he ramble. He takes his time getting to his points. I'm sure part of it is trying to fill out the show lengths, but he does tend to repeat himself, insert anecdotes, and use long-winded analogies for simple answers.

I still watch his videos; it's nice to have a sincere take that's backed by reasonably competent production values, but it's hard to get through the shows sometimes. I often skip ahead once I know what he's eventually going to say about a topic. Sometimes I wonder if he'd benefit from sharpening his show to 30-40 minutes and cutting some of that fat, but hey, he knows his metrics and they know their audience, so.

That's sort of where I am.

If I were an Iowa or Oklahoma fan and I had to pick this game, I'd pick Tennessee. We've looked like the better team and it's at Neyland.

But as a Tennessee fan who has seen us lose to bad Florida teams in every way imaginable, this game still gives me a lot of trepidation.
My comfort is in Heupel's leadership. I think he has or is on the way to changing the culture at UT which has contributed so often to those losses.

My comfort is in Heupel's leadership. I think he has or is on the way to changing the culture at UT which has contributed so often to those losses.

That, and this Saturday should be the loudest Neyland has been in a long time, since maybe when Oklahoma came to town. I love our chances. Florida will also be down their best defender too. Huge blow for them.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
I think I'm like most of you. My head says that UT should win this one and potentially with a comfort margin.

My heart says its been broken too many times when UT lost in spite of what "should have been".

I'm glad DoodleBotchBread aren't involved. I doubt even Alma Mathews could change the outcome this year. (Jabari Greer loves Alma.)
I will enjoy seeing various Vols score with teamwork and heads up play. UT D is ready for big boy ball too. Hearts can begin to mend this week!

Reactions: Orange Swagger
He was born in GA. I think he likes another team but has a soft spot for TN.
Isn’t he actually a Tennessee fan? For some reason I’m under that impression

I've started listening to him quite a bit and my take is that he actually likes and sympathizes with UT fans. Not sure why he would. But that's my impression... he's hoping the Vols improve for our sakes.

Reactions: DustyRockSolid
I've started listening to him quite a bit and my take is that he actually likes and sympathizes with UT fans. Not sure why he would. But that's my impression... he's hoping the Vols improve for our sakes.

His model predicted our ceiling was 10-2 and he uses it to bet, as far as I can tell. So that could have something to do with it.

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back