Josh Palmer is the ##1

Austin Price just said on Nashville radio that Josh Palmer is the star WR on this team. Said he’s easily been the best all spring. Interesting.
Palmer seemed pretty consistent to me last season. I’m not really surprised at this. All of the guys need to work on their hands though. A lot of drops. Palmer is a good route runner and seemed to be open quite a bit last year, Guarantano just didn’t have the time to get it to him.

You've obviously never heard of Willie Gault. Or Stanley Morgan. Or Alvin Harper.
Gault was faster, but I wouldn't say more explosive.

Harper had Dale Carter type athleticism, but Peerless was a better WR.

None of those guys would have put up 200 yards receiving against FSUs secondary that year. JMO

lol at the comments in here.
QB laying on ground 1 sec after snap...but its the WR who are not playing to expected potential,...lol

Our passing game could surprise some people this season. Jennings, Callaway, and Palmer will be a nice trio. Chandler will make some plays out of the backfield, and Dominick Wood-Anderson has a lot of potential. If our offensive line shows improvement, I believe Guarantano will get the ball in our playmaker’s hands. He just needs time to do it. I’m a lot more optimistic about our offense with Chaney in charge.

Last edited:
Our passing game could surprise some people this season. Jennings, Callaway, and Palmer will be a nice trio. Chandler will make some plays out of the backfield, and Dominick Wood-Anderson has a lot of potential. If our offensive line shows improvement, I believe Guarantano will get the ball in our playmaker’s hands. He just needs time to do it. I’m a lot more optimistic about our offense with Chaney in charge.
A lot of wishful thinking in believing JG will get the ball in playmakers hands. Hope Chaney can help.

DWA will have a lot of yards this year. Chaney likes to utilize his TEs. That alone will open up the passing game.

Austin Price just said on Nashville radio that Josh Palmer is the star WR on this team. Said he’s easily been the best all spring. Interesting.

Remember the light bulb went off for Meachem in year 3. Guys need to develop. We have relied on true freshmen and sophomores for too long. Great when you have an Eric Berry or Derek Barnett but guys need to develop.

A lot of wishful thinking in believing JG will get the ball in playmakers hands. Hope Chaney can help.
Not really, less and less JG detractors these days as most of the arguments against him are not nearly as good as what he has going for him. He's got talent and more people believe that than they think he stinks.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
KB, I think maybe you're confusing Josh Palmer with Brandon Johnson. It was Johnson who had the drop in the end zone against Florida. Your other comments (about his lack of speed, not having the potential of JJ or Callaway, etc) seem more applicable to Johnson than Palmer, as well.
Yall tripping..Brandon did not drop that ball in the Florida game..Palmer dropped it..

Palmer made plays his freshman year and has been steady. I see him getting better and better. But all 3 Jennings,Callaway and Palmer are going to have contribute. We need all of them. GBO!

VN Store

Back