Josh Nunes is all Vol!

Getting out of the Pac-10 is the best thing that he could have done if he has any hopes of a professional career. He'll be able to learn a pro-style offense and play against real competition. I have a lot of respect for any QB who decides to forgo the cupcake league and play in a real league.

Yep. Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart sure would have done much better to go to Florida like Rex Grossman. I lose zero respect for a guy that wants to play for a team that will win him a championship. That's why guys go to USC. That's exactly why Peyton came to UT instead of Ole Miss.

Yep. Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart sure would have done much better to go to Florida like Rex Grossman. I lose zero respect for a guy that wants to play for a team that will win him a championship. That's why guys go to USC. That's exactly why Peyton came to UT instead of Ole Miss.

Well, in Nunes' defense UT is a little bit better at football than Stanford, and if you exclude USC where else in the Pac-10 would you send him? USC is like their one shining team, while the SEC has multiple title winners since the inception of the BCS champion, and magically, we're one of them.

Um.. Norm Chow coached both those guys I think.. And he is now at the other LA school with the ugly blue unis.

I don't lose respect for a guy who goes where he can win a NC. But I do gain respect for a kid who chooses to go where he can win a NC but will have to work hard to do so. USC can't even manage to walk through their cupcake schedule every year without a loss to a far inferior team. USC gets the Rose Bowl handed to them every year. Give me a player who will prove himself through adversity any day. Who will have the better NFL preparation Matt Barkley or Josh Nunes?

I don't lose respect for a guy who goes where he can win a NC. But I do gain respect for a kid who chooses to go where he can win a NC but will have to work hard to do so. USC can't even manage to walk through their cupcake schedule every year without a loss to a far inferior team. USC gets the Rose Bowl handed to them every year. Give me a player who will prove himself through adversity any day. Who will have the better NFL preparation Matt Barkley or Josh Nunes?

Perhaps the player being coached by a former NFL head coach?

Getting out of the Pac-10 is the best thing that he could have done if he has any hopes of a professional career. He'll be able to learn a pro-style offense and play against real competition. I have a lot of respect for any QB who decides to forgo the cupcake league and play in a real league.

This post is amazing.

I think it had more to do with not following in Dad's shadow.....

The next few months are going to get very busy for Nunes because once everyone finds out about him, recruiting will go to a whole other level. This young man is very good, very polished and savvy as can be. He is a pocket passer who is well groomed, knows what he is doing, works through progressions and has the arm to make every single throw you want. His ball handling, timing and footwork are among the best in this class. He appears to have put a lot of time into his mechanics and technique and has obviously been well coached.

He is a highly competitive player with good size and overall athleticism for the position but needs to add significant bulk and strength to his frame. He has outstanding vision, recognition and pre-snap reads when attacking opposing defenses. He does an outstanding job of throwing with rhythm and timing in both the three- and five-step passing attack. He allows his receivers to catch the ball and get downfield. He has outstanding pocket awareness and instincts when attacking and creating throwing lanes from inside pocket. He can slide and buy time when going through his progression reads. Delivery is so quick and smooth and he can beat the rush with his arm. Gets rid of the ball quickly and can change ball speeds with touch, zip and RPMs. He has very good accuracy in both the short and intermediate areas of the passing game. He has the arm strength to attack vertically down the field with good down field accuracy.

He is not a real mobile quarterback but does have the ability to throw on the move when attacking the outside edges of the pocket. He is similar to Class of 2008 QB Mike Glennon in his methods. Overall, Nunes could be the surprise QB in this class with a big senior year. If he hits the camp and combine circuit, he will be a well-known name quickly. Excellent prospect.

Peyton also didn't go to Ole Miss because they were on probation.

I must have forgotten that. Were they on probation that year? Doesn't seem possible. Nothing like cheaters who still suck. :lol:

New Rivals article up on Marlon Brown. He says he has a good relationship with Nunes and that Nunes has been recruiting him really hard to come to Tennessee.

New Rivals article up on Marlon Brown. He says he has a good relationship with Nunes and that Nunes has been recruiting him really hard to come to Tennessee.

This is great news. If we land Brown I hope we turn him into a Cornelius Ingram type player. A hybrid TE/WR.

Richard Brehaut and Josh Nunes have fans buzzing - Los Angeles Times
As for the 6-4 Nunes, he stands back in the pocket and fires away. He threw seven touchdown passes in a 40-minute game against Newhall Hart, leaving the Indians' defensive backs with their heads down afterward.

His decision to choose Tennessee even though he has yet to visit the campus came because he likes the competition of SEC football and was convinced he could succeed after speaking to several ex-Tennessee quarterbacks, including the Clausen brothers, Casey and Rick.

"It's a real good fit for me," he said.

Im not a recruiting expert, but isnt that a violation of NCAA rules? (i.e. Reggie Bush and Joe Mcknight fame)

I really dont know, so its an honest question.

Im not a recruiting expert, but isnt that a violation of NCAA rules? (i.e. Reggie Bush and Joe Mcknight fame)

I really dont know, so its an honest question.

No because it was at the Elite QB camps and the Clausens also do a QB camp of their own if I am not mistaken. Tee Martin works with Elite 11 as well.

Without having to start another thread... does anyone know if Nunes will be attending the Elite 11 camp in laguna beach?I think its next week and both of UGA's QB commits will be there.I would like to know how well he does compared to them. Thanks

All i have heard is that this guy is a total beast. i know stars don't really matter that much, but why is he only a 4 star if hes that good?

VN Store

Back