Josh Heupel's 2001 NFL scouting combine numbers

What the hell does that have to do with the 2023 recruiting class? Are you looking for a resaon to tear CJH down? Grow up! 2001 has nothing to do with this recruiting class.

I see nothing about recruiting. I don’t believe it’s tearing coach down at all. Are you high?

Am I high?I ask the same about you! This has no bearing on UT NONE, Why post it? What he did in college doesn't mean anything to us but might to recruits and for that i may give levity to the post.

Only people who think athleticism in a QB is desirable. Apparently that includes NFL scouts.
All combine numbers are a numerical representation of thier athletic ability. Which may or may not translate. However, yes vertical jumping is a sign of explosive leg power and someone cares.

I'll give each of you $100 if you can find any DC in the NFL that has ever expressed concern during their pregame planning about Peyton Manning's, Tom Brady's, or Aaron Rodgers's ability to jump.

I get it, they take measurables. Those 3 qbs have never been timed in the 40 since before they were drafted. Nor have they been asked to jump. No wonder NFL teams miss out on a lot draft picks...they worry about the wrong stuff, IMO.

What the hell does that have to do with the 2023 recruiting class? Are you looking for a resaon to tear CJH down? Grow up! 2001 has nothing to do with this recruiting class.
Seek a psychiatrist. Not trying to be mean here... just trying to help.

I'll give each of you $100 if you can find any DC in the NFL that has ever expressed concern during their pregame planning about Peyton Manning's, Tom Brady's, or Aaron Rodgers's ability to jump.

I get it, they take measurables. Those 3 qbs have never been timed in the 40 since before they were drafted. Nor have they been asked to jump. No wonder NFL teams miss out on a lot draft picks...they worry about the wrong stuff, IMO.
I don't think anyone ever was worried about Peyton or Toms athletic ability lol. Their strongest muscle was their brain.
But, I bet if a defensive player gets hurdled trying to tackle, then jumping becomes important.
However, I agree not all measurables are valuable information. But what else would we have to talk about rn?😁

VN Store

Back