JOSH HEUPEL THURSDAY PRESS CONFERENCE (Florida week)

Sara Clark

University of Tennessee Athletics - Official Athletics Website

*Josh Heupel on preparing for Florida’s potential to play two quarterbacks: There are subtle differences with those guys. You just have to be ready for both of them.

*Josh Heupel on preparing for noise in The Swamp: You talk about it with your guys and then you go simulate it as best you can. It’s been an emphasis for us all week long.

*Josh Heupel on DL coach Rodney Garner: He’s changed the culture of that room. His resume speaks for itself. He really cares about his guys.

*Right now we’re “not leaning toward” playing two quarterbacks Saturday at Florida.

****And just like that, it's over. Doesn't appear to be much of a talker.

*Josh Heupel on preparing for Florida’s potential to play two quarterbacks: There are subtle differences with those guys. You just have to be ready for both of them.

*Josh Heupel on preparing for noise in The Swamp: You talk about it with your guys and then you go simulate it as best you can. It’s been an emphasis for us all week long.

*Josh Heupel on DL coach Rodney Garner: He’s changed the culture of that room. His resume speaks for itself. He really cares about his guys.

*Right now we’re “not leaning toward” playing two quarterbacks Saturday at Florida.

Code for the QB having a short leash.

Y'all, the cough is getting to the point it bothers me. It's either a medical issue that he needs to get addressed or it's a nervous tick which shows how uncomfortable he is in this position. Once you start paying attention to the cough it'll be all you hear....
I also really hate it - totally bothers me.

Y'all, the cough is getting to the point it bothers me. It's either a medical issue that he needs to get addressed or it's a nervous tick which shows how uncomfortable he is in this position. Once you start paying attention to the cough it'll be all you hear....
I don’t remember him doing it at UCF

****And just like that, it's over. Doesn't appear to be much of a talker.
Coach has got his game face on...just minimal responses and get out of the presser and back to work.

Great that Cooper will be back and Carvin can go back to guard.

Seriously?? The guy has allergies or a lingering cold, I appreciate him working through it.

Seriously?? The guy has allergies or a lingering cold, I appreciate him working through it.

I am not a Heupel hater, I actually like him and want to see him get a fair chance and succeed. I have allergies too, totally get it. This is every press conference though. It's all I hear and it makes my eye twitch. Don't know what it is.

Coach has got his game face on...just minimal responses and get out of the presser and back to work.

Great that Cooper will be back and Carvin can go back to guard.
Going down there to win this game. Nothing has changed since Sunday. These boys are fired up all week. They’re ready to go.

You must be kidding. There is nothing about this that is concerning. It is amazing just how far some will reach to complain. Maybe you have the issue, if all you can focus on is the cough.

I think the opposite. He was specifically asked "Josh, has there been any thought on playing more than 1 QB?" He shook his head no and said, "Right now we're not leaning that way"
You may be right. I was reading out of context and just looking at the way it was worded . I just want someone to take the reign and run with it.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
I am not a Heupel hater, I actually like him and want to see him get a fair chance and succeed. I have allergies too, totally get it. This is every press conference though. It's all I hear and it makes my eye twitch. Don't know what it is.

I’d take a hacking tuberculosis cough over “a’ight” every 3 seconds and mismatched eyebrows.

Some here are so pathetic and thin skinned. The man actually coughed like 7 times and sniffled roughly 5 times during the entire brief. A few on this post act like all he did was cough, clearly the man is either dealing with allergies or something. The man is doing a great job considering what he was handed. Give him a chance before calling for his head or criticizing him. I would interested in see a poll on how many on VN has ever coached at the collegiate level. If you have never performed the job, stop acting as though you can do it better.

OH LAWD CALL THE DOCTAH FOR THIS MAN!

Reactions: GordonC and Alto1
I've had a couch like him for a month now and this past week it truly hit me hard. Had to miss work for most of this week. Not saying he has what I have but I also dip like he does.

VN Store

Back