Josh Heupel joins Tennessee fight against NCAA in federal court over NIL rules

Would be huge if Kirby would join Heupel.

Won't happen.......Chair of the NCAA is the UGA president. Actually I find it interesting that both the Gators and Tenn are under investigation, but no one bats an eye with the Beck Lamborghini deal.......

(Link for verification)

Won't happen.......Chair of the NCAA is the UGA president. Actually I find it interesting that both the Gators and Tenn are under investigation, but no one bats an eye with the Beck Lamborghini deal.......

(Link for verification)
This all day long!

Reactions: ptcarter

(Link for verification)
Ya never know

(Link for verification)
Yet another reason why the NCAA case is dead in the water. Does anyone think the NCAA wants to explain all of that in court…?

Yet another reason why the NCAA case is dead in the water. Does anyone think the NCAA wants to explain all of that in court…?
Explain what? Doubt a judge would let the hearing devolve into conspiracy and rivals pointing fingers. Everyone keeps talking defamation this and defamation that so if someone were allowed to go there by the judge, they'd better have some solid proof of wrongdoings if accusations are made.

(Link for verification)
And FSU, who is UGA’s biggest recruiting rival in south GA by far. In the Bowden heyday FSU owned south GA recruiting and a lot of my work colleagues in that part of the world are FSU fans/alums due to simple proximity.

Explain what? Doubt a judge would let the hearing devolve into conspiracy and rivals pointing fingers. Everyone keeps talking defamation this and defamation that so if someone were allowed to go there by the judge, they'd better have some solid proof of wrongdoings if accusations are made.
Little defensive there…. Someone hurt your feelings?

(Link for verification)
You'd think TaM would be a "joiner". They have top 5 NIL bankroll and they just had big brother join SEC, with real chance they get relegated to little brother again in the state of TX and eyes of recruits. Without being able to really do anything w/ Jimbo and the cash they laid out for recruiting classes, they are going to have to be aggressive in NIL/transfers to try and keep up...IF they have the right coach.

Georgia's fanbase absolutely loves to play the holier-than-thou-card. Like no other school in the league.
Fact is, Bama and UGA can play conservative "holier than thou" b/c they can pull in more w/ less NIL b/c they are currently elite. But, like White said, virtually 100% of top 50 schools are in same threshold as UT on NIL. The premise of UT doing something different and being singled out is laughable and disingenuous. Makes me wonder if NCAA did UT on purpose, knowing they would "poke the bear" with a very visible CFB brand, but not current "upper echelon" school so they get everyone's attention to make NIL changes with a sacrificial lamb, knowing full well they'll have to back off the case.

Well… I actually don’t believe (nor did I claim in the post you quoted) a conspiracy theory is at play here because to believe a UGA influenced NCAA is working against UT and UF is to ignore the fact the NCAA also has a voting board member from the University of Florida. What is in play here is what the corporate world calls an appearance of conflict, unless UGA was not active in the NIL market during the time period in question. I would think if this case ever goes to trial, the NCAA, an organization that has a long history of unevenly enforcing it’s own rules and punishments, could very well be asked about potential conflicts of interest

(Link for verification)
On the note of the Lamborghini, didn’t they have an insane number of players get in trouble for speeding last year? Is this really the most sound purchase?

VN Store

Back