Josh Heupel emerges (old thread)

Ride coattails......are you serious?

Frost has ONE good year period.

You people need to know more of the situation before making your own argument.

In 3 years Heupel has lost 1 more game than Frost did in 2 years.......Frost was only there for 2 seasons......not like he was there for a decade installing his system.

UCF had around 13 players who “opted out” for the entire season.

Frost took over a team that went 0-12 the year before. Heupel took over a team that went 14-0 a little different right?

Reactions: RiverVol
My read is this. UTAD is locked down tighter than Fort Knox and these media stooges are getting zilch. So, they start looking at past White coaches like Heupel or past White candidates like Elliott and start SPECULATING and connecting dots to create stories.

We won’t know until White wants us to know.
Amen

No damn body has turned us down..don't believe anything you hear right now..sweet jesus, I deal with bammers on a regular basis and some of yall make them look like road scholars..

Says the volfan who calls Rhodes Scholars 'road scholars'. LOL. I'm not poking at you, I am one of you. You are right tho'. everyone take a deep breath.

anybody know who jeff lebby is?

You would be bringing in the Baylor/UCF/and Ole miss offense. Oh yeah, Steele is still defensive coo. This is starting to not sound so bad guys.

I really can't sit hear and listen to every bitch all night tho. I'll try to catch up tomorrow. I need sleep.

Reactions: I4Vols
It will be financially hilarious, if we paid Danny White all this money, and he turned around and dropped $120,000 on a search firm, only to raid UCF and hire Heupel for the second time in his career.
Yes, but is that more or less than we put in MickyD bags to have a 3-7 season? Who knows we might be actually driving a strong bargain here.

My read is this. UTAD is locked down tighter than Fort Knox and these media stooges are getting zilch. So, they start looking at past White coaches like Heupel or past White candidates like Elliott and start SPECULATING and connecting dots to create stories.

We won’t know until White wants us to know.

+1

Media / VoLNation:
giphy.gif

Reactions: EZE
It will be financially hilarious, if we paid Danny White all this money, and he turned around and dropped $120,000 on a search firm, only to raid UCF and hire Heupel for the second time in his career.

No where near as financially hilarious as paying Fulmer's buyout for his "retirement."

Reactions: I4Vols
Ride coattails......are you serious?

Frost has ONE good year period.

You people need to know more of the situation before making your own argument.

In 3 years Heupel has lost 1 more game than Frost did in 2 years.......Frost was only there for 2 seasons......not like he was there for a decade installing his system.

UCF had around 13 players who “opted out” for the entire season.

You mean Frost built a less than .500 team into an undefeated squad and that's what he gave to Heupel? This isn't complicated. And, UCF was working under the same conditions as anyone else this year.

I know the university doesn't really care what we think but...but if we hire a guy like this, without even talking to chadwell or kiffin, or any other big name, I'm gonna be so pissed, and want this so called top notch AD fired..
I bet it will come out that the names thrown out by some on this message board have already turned Tennessee down.

Reactions: montanatenn
Oh no. According to many on here, Heupel has already been hired and will be the worst HC we have ever had.
I can't imagine this being true based on what I know to be fact. The contract being drafted today was for an offer that had been in the works for a few days. Heupel doesn't make sense.

For those of you that doubt the bold part, I will gladly email Freak (or a mod of his choosing) proof of my contact when this is over. While I have never been given a name of any coach in the search, let it suffice to say that my information comes from someone in the room when the contract is/was signed.

There's nothing about Heupel's tenure at UCF that says he can recruit and develop well enough to compete with Alabama/Georgia/Florida.
Agree, but at least he has HC experience. Might be the best option. Hope that UT hires a bigger name, but I’m not sure it’s gonna happen.

I can't imagine this being true based on what I know to be fact. The contract being drafted today was for an offer that had been in the works for a few days. Heupel doesn't make sense.

For those of you that doubt the bold part, I will gladly email Freak (or a mod of his choosing) proof of my contact when this is over. While I have never been given a name of any coach in the search, let it suffice to say that my information comes from someone in the room when the contract is/was signed.
Agree here we got our first choice. I know y’all think Franklin Turned is down and all but I telling you y’all are about to be surprised

Reactions: volkayaker
Everyone take a deep breath. These are all just guesses. At this point we have 3 or 4 coaches that are supposedly now the “emerging as a leader”

VN Store

Back