Josh Dobbs

I don't have to watch practice to know that if Dobbs were tearing it up in practice he wouldn't be inactive every week. If he went out there and proved he was better than Minshew he wouldn't be an insurance policy for a 6th rounder. I don't need to scout their practice to know that, because I know that, whether or not the Jags' staff are good coaches, they are not idiots and want to remain employed. I know the same thing about Tomlin's staff in Pittsburgh, who saw enough of Dobbs to conclude he was expendable.
This and only this FFS.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Careful, he'll pull out Tom Brady and Kurt Warner in a minute....even though Brady was starting by the end of his second season.

*Careful, or someone will use exact instances of real life examples that offer a valid contradiction to your dismissals...

Fixed that for you...

Ah, classic small brain thinking... There weren't 30 NFL teams falling over Kurt Warner either... There weren't 30 NFL teams falling over Tom Brady either... There weren't 30 NFL teams falling over Steve Young either... You need to get rid of that mentally retarded mindset you have that because a commodity is not sought after by other organizations that typically make poor decisions, that commodity has no value... Absolutely genuinely and completely mentally retarded on your part...

I didn't say the Steelers were a bad franchise... I said they've made poor personnel decisions the past 10 years, which is a quantifiable fact... Their drafts have been mostly terrible, with a few exceptions, and they get fat every year on the weakest or 2nd weakest division in football... Mike Tomlin is a poor football coach, and gets literally out coached by just about every one in big games they play...

2 of their wins this year are the Bungles, lol, the 4-7 Chargers, the 2-9 Dolphins, the Rams coming to the east coast, and the Colts with something called a "Brian Hoyer" at QB (whatever that is)... And the Steelers still let him throw 3 TDs and post a 105.9 passer rating... Winning those games against some dumpster fire teams, they still only have a +4 point differential... Lol and lol... Enjoy the direction that team is trending, I know I am...

From 2007-2017, the Steelers rank 3rd in wins in the NFL (103-57).

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/every-nfl-teams-10-year-record-ranked-32-1-010417

Fox article ranking AFC North as the 2nd toughest division in the league.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-power-ranking-divisions-2002-realignment-110916

From 2007-2017, the Steelers rank 3rd in wins in the NFL (103-57).

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/every-nfl-teams-10-year-record-ranked-32-1-010417

Fox article ranking AFC North as the 2nd toughest division in the league.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-power-ranking-divisions-2002-realignment-110916

What you've just posted is classic "guy that doesn't understand statistics, but read an article written by another guy that doesn't understand statistics but gave it a shot anyway, and is now trying to pass that off as gospel"...

Like it's genuinely embarrassing... I'll tackle your 2nd one first since that's actually the most relevant, and will use it to deconstruct why the 1st one is completely pointless... The methodology for the guy's article is complete horse ****... And I mean, legit, straight up, genuine, absolute horse ****...

He assigned random values to specific games... Why is a Superbowl victory worth 15 points and a Conference Championship only worth 10??? Why aren't Superbowl wins worth 4 and Conference Championships worth 3??? Is a Superbowl win 50% harder than a Conference Championship win??? Not typically... I believe historically the conference games have been closer than the Superbowls... But there's no reason given there as to why these games were given these linear weight values.... This also incredibly skews the rankings to TOP HEAVY divisions, like shockingly, the AFC East, where the Patriots play for trophies EVERY YEAR... Shocker that the AFC East is ranked as the toughest division in football on that list... Which it is absolutely, quantifiably, CERTAINLY not... It's not even ****ing close...

To properly break down which division is the toughest in football over the past, you could only look at 10 games per season... Those are the 10 games a division plays OUTSIDE of their own division... Because what they do in the division is not a factor at all... Once you broke down wins and losses, you would need to break down point differentials... Point differentials matter... A LOT... If one division wins 50 games and loses 50 games, but has a +1000 point differential, there's a good chance they're a metric **** ton better than a division that wins 75 games and loses 25 games but has a point differential of +250...

You see, the 2nd division wins more games, but isn't as dominant as the 1st division which loses more, but has WAY more dominant teams... So then you start refining the data... You say, okay, there are 4 teams in every division, we'll take a 10 year total records for instance, then remove the team with the lowest combined record in every division... Okay, now you're left with the 3 best teams in every division, and you've trimmed out the most likely culprit that is skewing point differentials... Do you see how you do real research here and real analytics???

Factoring playoff wins into division toughness is literally taking home the gold medal in the Special Olympics of sports writing... Many teams paths to the Superbowl are drastically easier than others because of the ease they have traversing their division through the regular season... Other teams have a much harder time just getting to the playoffs because their division is so difficult... This is stupid on a ground breaking level...

Which brings us to total wins being ranked... The Steelers beating up on the Browns and Bengals every year is not the same as the Eagles having to play the Cowboys or Giants every year... They're just not the same... This is most exemplified in college football where an undefeated SEC schedule means you are a **** ton better than a school with an undefeated MAC schedule... Everyone knows this... EVERYONE... There are systems in the NFL to try and offer competitive balance such as the worst teams draft first, you play the teams that finish the same place as you in your division, but there are always mouth breathers that run NFL teams the same way there are mouth breathers that run corporations...

Please educate yourself even slightly before responding again... Because this was a nuclear roast of you, and on this Thanksgiving, I'm most grateful for the fact I am legitimately smarter than you...

There may be a thread on this already. The Steelers have benched Mason Rudolph. I bet they are regretting the decision to trade Dobbs.
I was just thinking the same thing, but Josh is not playing, so he probably wishes the same.

Not really. I believe Dobbs will be productive if he ever gets on the field for a full game. Regarding the Steeler’s evaluation successes, many on Volnation seem to think the Steelers are making mistake after mistake. I do not know.

Wow, a Tennessee Vols site is saying a pro team made a mistake about a Tennessee Vols QB. Shocker.

I understand that but he can’t make any arguments about a Bama QB....that’s the point. Feel free to go root for the tide all you want and hate on a VFL but I won’t

Telling the truth about Dobbs' situation doesn't = hating on a VFL. That's just f'n stupid.

*Careful, or someone will use exact instances of real life examples that offer a valid contradiction to your dismissals...

Fixed that for you...

Lol..."valid contradictions"....I think the word you're looking for that I already used was "exceptions"; though it's pretty clear you don't understand the concept. Also, Brady doesn't even work because as I said, he was starting by the end of his second season. If you can count....this is Dobbs' 3rd season.

But please, continue with your pseudointellectual bulls*** and your mega-hard projecting.

Ah, classic small brain thinking... There weren't 30 NFL teams falling over Kurt Warner either... There weren't 30 NFL teams falling over Tom Brady either... There weren't 30 NFL teams falling over Steve Young either... You need to get rid of that mentally retarded mindset you have that because a commodity is not sought after by other organizations that typically make poor decisions, that commodity has no value... Absolutely genuinely and completely mentally retarded on your part...

I didn't say the Steelers were a bad franchise... I said they've made poor personnel decisions the past 10 years, which is a quantifiable fact... Their drafts have been mostly terrible, with a few exceptions, and they get fat every year on the weakest or 2nd weakest division in football... Mike Tomlin is a poor football coach, and gets literally out coached by just about every one in big games they play...

2 of their wins this year are the Bungles, lol, the 4-7 Chargers, the 2-9 Dolphins, the Rams coming to the east coast, and the Colts with something called a "Brian Hoyer" at QB (whatever that is)... And the Steelers still let him throw 3 TDs and post a 105.9 passer rating... Winning those games against some dumpster fire teams, they still only have a +4 point differential... Lol and lol... Enjoy the direction that team is trending, I know I am...

A guy who has to resort to calling me "retarded" shouldn't be lecturing anyone about brain size; and also should probably use better puncuation.

Reactions: skeelsd
Dobbs made the difference for Tn in a number of games no doubt; however, he is more of a Canadian open field QB, a la Condredge Holloway.

Reactions: volmanNC
Lol..."valid contradictions"....I think the word you're looking for that I already used was "exceptions"; though it's pretty clear you don't understand the concept. Also, Brady doesn't even work because as I said, he was starting by the end of his second season. If you can count....this is Dobbs' 3rd season.

But please, continue with your pseudointellectual bulls*** and your mega-hard projecting.

Brady only started because Bledsoe had been injured... Let's not play revisionist history here...

Dobbs is a proven winner who has fantastic running skills but an inconsistent arm.

The problem with the arm is what is dooming him in the NFL. I'm sure he'd like a proper shot, but I don't think he's too torn up about it. He's making bank. He 'made it' in the NFL. He just hasn't gotten the starting nod. He may never. Who knows.

But he's already gone above and beyond what 99 percent of the fans on this board, even those who hope for the best for him, ever expected.

I know I never expected him to get this far. I'm proud of the guy.

Reactions: VAVol85

VN Store

Back