Josh Dobbs

There may be a thread on this already. The Steelers have benched Mason Rudolph. I bet they are regretting the decision to trade Dobbs.
No offense to Josh, but seeing as how they didn’t think Dobbs was nearly as good as Rudolph and cut him loose, I doubt they are regretting it too much. They have another QB that played well last week so I’m guessing nobody is much thinking of Dobbs at all.

I hate that all of that happened. He really could have been given a fair shot.

He had his chances with Pitt during the last 2 preseasons, 8 different preseason games to show what he could do and win the backup job, but he couldn’t do it. Now he’s in Jacksonville, and he’s not the backup there either, he’s on the practice squad. He is what he is.

No offense to Josh, but seeing as how they didn’t think Dobbs was nearly as good as Rudolph and cut him loose, I doubt they are regretting it too much. They have another QB that played well last week so I’m guessing nobody is much thinking of Dobbs at all.
The undrafted backup lead the first drive for a touchdown but fell off and finished 5 for 11.

He had his chances with Pitt during the last 2 preseasons, 8 different preseason games to show what he could do and win the backup job, but he couldn’t do it. Now he’s in Jacksonville, and he’s not the backup there either, he’s on the practice squad. He is what he is.
They need to watch film of his UT career to see what he can do. He is a gamer and winner IMO.

If he even stays a backup in the nfl for much longer I’ll be surprised. You have to have a big arm to be in the NFL. He has throw power, but well below nfl average for accuracy

Reactions: vettefool and 08Vol
There may be a thread on this already. The Steelers have benched Mason Rudolph. I bet they are regretting the decision to trade Dobbs.
He's a guy who just needs the right shot on the right team. Pitt was foolish to cut him loose, especially looking at how running qb's are thriving now. There's definitely a few teams he could be starting for right now.

Oh, they're regrettin it big time.

Dang some of y’all think you’re “keeping it real,” by trashing Dobbs but remember he wasn’t a practice guy in college but rather a gamer. I would take him over Baker mayfield any day. More mature, bigger and less drama. I say let him get some games to show. Not like Pittsburgh has a chance this year anyway. Oh well he’s gone now.

Side note if I was a player viewing this board and seeing these “fans” trash me I wouldn’t sign not one damn autograph. Some of y’all are hilarious. Worship a guy when he’s here and soon as he leaves trash him smh. Fickle. But oh I forgot your just “telling it how it is.”

I was thinking the same thing. Dobbs were he still there would have picked up and the offense would not have been missing near as much as it is now.

They need to watch film of his UT career to see what he can do. He is a gamer and winner IMO.
You don't think they watched his film before drafting him?

The pick they got for him from Jacksonville they sent to Seattle for a #2 TE who is playing every game. Giving up a QB who couldn't earn a spot on the 53 man roster for a TE who contributes every game is a pretty good deal.

And the offensive issues in Pittsburgh arent strictly because of the QB. Losing their #1 & #2 RB, #1 fullback, #1, #2 & #4 WR to injuries and the #1 center to suspension has certainly been an issue. The Steelers are raiding other teams practice squads and putting those guys on the active roster and playing them. That's how bad the injuries have been on the offense there.

Last edited:
He is too slow to pull off in the NFL what he did in college.
He's too small also. Having seen him at a number of alumni events on campus over the past couple years, i was amazed at how slender he still is. If he were to try play an extended period in the NFL and getting hit on a regular basis while running, he wouldn't last long without getting injured.

Reactions: 08Vol
Dang some of y’all think you’re “keeping it real,” by trashing Dobbs but remember he wasn’t a practice guy in college but rather a gamer. I would take him over Baker mayfield any day. More mature, bigger and less drama. I say let him get some games to show. Not like Pittsburgh has a chance this year anyway. Oh well he’s gone now.

Side note if I was a player viewing this board and seeing these “fans” trash me I wouldn’t sign not one damn autograph. Some of y’all are hilarious. Worship a guy when he’s here and soon as he leaves trash him smh. Fickle. But oh I forgot your just “telling it how it is.”
No...just no.

Reactions: Titan05 and 615vols

Lol calm down Nancy. Fact is, he’s 3rd string in Jacksonville behind foles and a rookie. And that’s after he got beat out in Pittsburgh by mason Rudolph and traded away. Those are just facts, it’s not trashing him.

He's too small also. Having seen him at a number of alumni events on campus over the past couple years, i was amazed at how slender he still is. If he were to try play an extended period in the NFL and getting hit on a regular basis while running, he wouldn't last long without getting injured.

You are both out of your minds. I’ve seen both slower and smaller QBs start for NFL teams and have success. To be honest, I think more of an NFL QBs success has to do with their supporting cast, namely their offensive line. There are very few NFL QBs that have the physical skillset to carry a bad team. Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahommes (sp) and a few others come to mind but the rest of the QBs aren’t separated by much. It’s more about the players they are surrounded with and the coaching.

VN Store

Back