Josh Dobbs & Hendon Hooker talk Florida WIN!

Kinda funny all the fans are thrilled with the Noon kick for LSU and Hooker said he wanted the night game. He’s thriving off the big stage right now.

I wanted the night game, even if it meant a rowdier crowd and a better home field advantage for LSU. Would have been a bigger stage for the Vols. We have to start winning the big spotlight games, and this would have been a great opportunity.

Reactions: Southern_Accent
I wanted the night game, even if it meant a rowdier crowd and a better home field advantage for LSU. Would have been a bigger stage for the Vols. We have to start winning the big spotlight games, and this would have been a great opportunity.
The Vols just beat UF on CBS with Gameday there. It was the most watched game of the weekend. The spotlight doesn't get any bigger then that. Now they need to do it on the road in a hostile environment.

You gotta love his tenacity as a competitor, but the advantage of playing in the morning goes our way. The crowd wont have all day to get fitshaced and Heupfully we can catch them sleepwalking.

Reactions: OptimisticFan
Awesome to see those two together talking about the game. Hooker is so dialed in and on a mission. I feel a little bad for Milton, you can see him walking around and at one point he looks into the camera. Next year will be his time to shine and I think he will.

it's a pretty big spotlight whether its at night or not. I'd rather have the advantage. Statistically LSU doesn't play as well in the early games.

it's a pretty big spotlight whether its at night or not. I'd rather have the advantage. Statistically LSU doesn't play as well in the early games.

There is almost always more hype and more eyeballs on a night SEC matchup versus a noon game.

I understand your point of view on the perceived advantage. I am one of those people who would also like to see tougher OOC games scheduled. My guess is you prefer the cupcakes.

Great content. The TPL/Smoky Mountain Club will live or die with content, and this is a GREAT start.

There is almost always more hype and more eyeballs on a night SEC matchup versus a noon game.

I understand your point of view on the perceived advantage. I am one of those people who would also like to see tougher OOC games scheduled. My guess is you prefer the cupcakes.

I could GAS about the eyeballs and hype, that's very true, with maybe the exception of our biggest games. If we take care of business we are in the playoffs. Who GAS about hype? That's like taking the polls on October 1 too seriously.

As for cupcakes, we already schedule one tough opponent a year while teams like Mizzou schedule 4 cupcakes. The Vols are doing enough in that category. It's not clear why you would want the Vols to have a really tough OOC schedule when we already play an SEC schedule every year that is guaranteed to include bammer.

I would be okay moving to a 9 game SEC schedule after Texas and OU join, which is mentioned as a possibility, but I am not in favor of adding to our already tough schedule.

VN Store

Back