Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are CLEARLY the 2 best QBs in the 2018 NFL Draft

I agree that he could use more opportunity, but he got 30 carries, which is more than a sniff, and he averaged 2.8 ypc. It's hard to justify more touches when the results are that bad.
Not going D4H on you...sometimes numbers are what they look like. But 27 rushes over 4 games in 2018 and 3 rushes over 4 games in 2019 don’t scream “opportunity”. We’re not privy to practices and team meetings so I’m not besmirching the Rams coaches. This is all wordplay.

My comp for John Kelly was Priest Holmes. Go and look up Holmes' career. He was a late bloomer who didn't become a star until he was 28 years old. Looks like JK is gonna be a late bloomer as well.

As with Dobbs, I still have confidence in JK eventually becoming a star in the NFL.

Ok. Let's see:

1997: 4th string RB, played in 7 games, mostly on special teams.
1998: Played in all 16 games, started 13, rushed for over 1,000 yards, led the Ravens and rushed for 200 yards in one game.

Hmm....so while you say he was a "late bloomer", he made the final roster in his rookie year and was a 1,000 yard rusher in his second year. You want to compare that to what JK has done so far in his 3rd year? Once again, you're being a simpleton and just comparing ages and not context. JK is nowhere close to what PH was in his 3rd year.

Reactions: butchna
Holmes had 1000 yards his second season, FYI.

Ok. Let's see:

1997: 4th string RB, played in 7 games, mostly on special teams.
1998: Played in all 16 games, started 13, rushed for over 1,000 yards, led the Ravens and rushed for 200 yards in one game.

Hmm....so while you say he was a "late bloomer", he made the final roster in his rookie year and was a 1,000 yard rusher in his second year. You want to compare that to what JK has done so far in his 3rd year? Once again, you're being a simpleton and just comparing ages and not context. JK is nowhere close to what PH was in his 3rd year.

Then what happened in Year 3 and Year 4?

And no I didn't compare him to Priest with the idea he would be a late bloomer. I compared him to Priest based on their style as runners as well as their physical build.

If JK never becomes a star I will admit to it. I honestly don't know why he hasn't blown up yet. I thought he looked great almost every year in the preseason. I'm guessing its him not studying the playbook like he should be as well as problems with pass protection. Hopefully he gets those issues figured out cause I think he has a ton of talent.

Last edited:
Look, maybe, just maybe, a guy that had any health concerns whatsoever in his head and basically zero reason to believe his NFL career had any real future (see above + Bengals taking a pass) decided it's time to let it go. I'm not going to fault the guy...if he didn't have "it" and trying to pound a square peg into a round hole didn't appeal to him so be it, his choice.

So you admit it was the injury that caused Kaaya to quit? Good. That's all I have been saying.

No player with Kaaya's track record (i.e. a big time recruit who was projected first round pick at one point) is just gonna give up on his NFL dream after a rookie season of failure. Its obvious that spinal injury affected him. If it didn't he would have at least given the XFL or AAF a shot.

So you admit it was the injury that caused Kaaya to quit? Good. That's all I have been saying.

No player with Kaaya's track record (i.e. a big time recruit who was projected first round pick at one point) is just gonna give up on his NFL dream after a rookie season of failure. Its obvious that spinal injury affected him. If it didn't he would have at least given the XFL or AAF a shot.

LOL!

You're left holding the bag of Kaaya never, ever, for one nanosecond, including before any injury questions are even in play, coming anywhere close to what you'd said he'd be. It's on your resume and not going anywhere.

Then what happened in Year 3 and Year 4?

He rushed for over 500 yards in each season and played in at least 9 games each season; aka he wasn't on the practice squad.

And no I didn't compare him to Priest with the idea he would be a late bloomer. I compared him to Priest based on their style as runners as well as their physical build.

Lol sure you didn't....

My comp for John Kelly was Priest Holmes. Go and look up Holmes' career. He was a late bloomer who didn't become a star until he was 28 years old. Looks like JK is gonna be a late bloomer as well.

Did you miss the part of this thread where I showed all those Hall of Famers who were cut or had underwhelming rookie years? 12 months in the NFL does not decide a legacy.

And FTR the fact Kaaya never tried out for the AAF or XFL is pretty compelling evidence that the injury had an effect on his career. If it played no part he could have easily gone the path other young QBs who were cut around that time (like Logan Woodside) did to keep their football dream alive.

He rushed for over 500 yards in each season and played in at least 9 games each season; aka he wasn't on the practice squad.

Lol sure you didn't....

You really suck at reading comprehension.

Read that last sentence carefully. "Looks like JK is gonna be a late bloomer as well."

Obviously the part where I say "looks like" is a clear signal this wasn't something I foresaw when I made the pre-draft comparison but now that we're here hopefully that's the way things go for JK.

If I thought it would take JK this long to make an impact in the NFL I would have said that before the draft.

You really suck at reading comprehension.

Read that last sentence carefully. "Looks like JK is gonna be a late bloomer as well."

Obviously the part where I say "looks like" is a clear signal this wasn't something I foresaw when I made the pre-draft comparison but now that we're here hopefully that's the way things go for JK.

If I thought it would take JK this long to make an impact in the NFL I would have said that before the draft.

If this effer isn't a politician he sure has hell needs to be. He already dances back and tries to explain away what he "actually meant" after he says something stupid, then gaslights like YOU are the dumb one.

Still waiting on that $$$ bet on Dobbs and hell I'll throw in Kelly, anytime you feel like growing a pair.

If this effer isn't a politician he sure has hell needs to be. He already dances back and tries to explain away what he "actually meant" after he says something stupid, then gaslights like YOU are the dumb one.

Still waiting on that $$$ bet on Dobbs and hell I'll throw in Kelly, anytime you feel like growing a pair.

Don't blame me for your poor ability to understand the english language.

Sure think Dook grad.

That really gets to ya'll doesn't it? FTR my undergraduate degree is not even my most impressive degree. But if I tell ya'll where I went to grad school you would only catch more feelings.

With that said, higher education is a farce. Especially now given how much artificial intelligence is gonna take away almost all white collar jobs. Young people coming up would be better served creating their own businesses working for themselves rather than wasting time going to college and grad school to get a worthless piece of paper and hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.

That really gets to ya'll doesn't it? FTR my undergraduate degree is not even my most impressive degree. But if I tell ya'll where I went to grad school you would only catch more feelings.

With that said, higher education is a farce. Especially now given how much artificial intelligence is gonna take away almost all white collar jobs. Young people coming up would be better served creating their own businesses working for themselves rather than wasting time going to college and grad school to get a worthless piece of paper and hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.

giphy.gif

Still #4 in the NFL in QBR: 2020 NFL Season Leaders Total QBR | ESPN

So despite a less than stellar stretch he's still among the elite QBs in the NFL.

Seems like teams have stopped blitzing him and they're daring him to throw and he can't pick them apart anymore. Seahawks have a terrible D so if he doesn't light them up, IDC what his QBR is, Bills fans should feel unsettled.

Seems like teams have stopped blitzing him and they're daring him to throw and he can't pick them apart anymore. Seahawks have a terrible D so if he doesn't light them up, IDC what his QBR is, Bills fans should feel unsettled.

Was this good enough for you? 4 TDs. 400+ yards. 0 turnovers. 7-2 record.

Ya'll are gonna have to accept the reality that Josh Allen is an elite QB. He had a couple of bad games lately but a couple of those performances (vs Kansas City and New England) came in really bad weather where there wasn't much from the pass game for either team. He didn't get exposed or fall off. He just had a couple of bad games. Its happens to everyone. Even the very best.

Was this good enough for you? 4 TDs. 400+ yards. 0 turnovers. 7-2 record.

Ya'll are gonna have to accept the reality that Josh Allen is an elite QB. He had a couple of bad games lately but a couple of those performances (vs Kansas City and New England) came in really bad weather where there wasn't much from the pass game for either team. He didn't get exposed or fall off. He just had a couple of bad games. Its happens to everyone. Even the very best.

When are you going to understand that you can't react to 1-4 game stretches and ignore the rest? If I argued like you, I'd dismiss this game because the Seahawks can't stop anybody.

Josh Allen is a great talent who needs to prove more. Telling me he had a great game against Seattle doesn't change my mind.

I was in White Sands, NM so I missed all the games yesterday. Now checking box scores, Seattle turned it over 4 times. 4!

Checking team stats today, Seattle is

32nd in ypg allowed, by a good margin
30th in ppg allowed
32nd in passing ypg allowed, by a good margin

If you can't beat a Seattle team committing 4 turnovers, I would say that's a sign that you're not even a decent QB. It's a sign that you're a bad QB. He held court this week. That's all.

It's a nice game, but JFC pick better battles and/or wait for more proof.

VN Store

Back