Jordan Walker

mcannon1

Tennessee Lady Vols dominate Texas A&M at home in Top 25 matchup

From Cora Halls article referenced above: "Jordan Walker charged into the lane, scooping up the rebound from Keyen Green's missed jumper. She had caught everyone else off guard and quickly put in an easy layup for her 1,000th career point.

Walker, who began her college career at Western Michigan, scored 755 points before becoming a Lady Vol. Now in her second season at Tennessee, Walker averaged 14.5 points through the first two SEC games and scored nine points with five assists Thursday.

The graduate point guard has been a source of consistency in Tennessee's starting lineup, with a team-high 53 assists."

I don't know that Walker gets all the credit she deserves! I was so impressed with her last year - and with all the rebounds she got as the shortest person on the team. Coach Sam posted on twitter that she was in the gym EVERY day last summer working on her shot. She's all heart.

Congratulations Jordan, on 1000 career points!

Last edited:
Liked JW last year, am completely in love this year. Her hard work and hard nose have completely payed off. Huge congrats to her. Wanna come back next year Boo?

IMO a huge difference this year is the mutual aid society of JW and Miles. Everytime we saw pics or videos this summer it seemed like Miles was stuck to JW's side as a total mini-me. Her mentoring of Miles has had great dividends for JW, and the team, on the court. Miles so far is the pleasant surprise of the year, hell maybe of the decade.

P.S. Keep working on that shot JW and we're looking at an all SEC caliber guard.

She's really coming in to her own as an SEC player, rebuking those who have called her a mid-major talent.
Much as I hate to burst your nanny nanny boo boo balloon, folks weren't wrong. JW has developed from a very good mid major last year to an emerging legit SEC player this year. Which is even more reason to celebrate. Actual player development appears to have occurred In the LV program. Lo and behold!

Much as I hate to burst your nanny nanny boo boo balloon, folks weren't wrong. JW has developed from a very good mid major last year to an emerging legit SEC player this year. Which is even more reason to celebrate. Actual player development appears to have occurred In the LV program. Lo and behold!

Sorry to offend your nanny boo boo sensitivity. Please note my wording is "mid-major TALENT." i.e - those who have put her down in the past have said she wasn't capable of playing in the SEC because of a lack of innate talent. Obviously, if she is developing now into a genuine SEC player - and she is - then they were wrong.

Sorry to offend your nanny boo boo sensitivity. Please note my wording is "mid-major TALENT." i.e - those who have put her down in the past have said she wasn't capable of playing in the SEC because of a lack of innate talent. Obviously, if she is developing now into a genuine SEC player - and she is - then they were wrong.
Cool. Just semantics I think, depending on your definition of "talent". I never thought it meant she was incapable of development. In fact I've prayed for that nonstop for a year and it appears to have paid off! We can agree JW's play is a big piece of the pie right now.

Jordan is such a competitor, we will need a game from her today. They have been playing as a true team lately and that is really hard to beat, she is a huge part of that. Will be a good PG battle today, Reid is listed at 5'8" but I think that is generous (as are some of the other players) Walker's got good length and quickness. Along with her protege Miles they can really affect her today, she makes their offense go and is a great passer even if not a big time scorer.

VN Store

Back