Jones announces changes to coaching staff

X8Ufi_zps62cda975.gif

No more perfect time for this gif

Reactions: 4 people
Yay, Butch did what everyone expected him to do. He hired a couple of puppets to continue to run his sorry offense. Sorry folks but if anyone thinks these are good hires, you must not watch much football. Next season will be his last.

What's wrong with the offense?

good post, and i agree. in merit, this is spot on, and the one thing we'll have to cling to going forward.

i think Scott can, and likely will be, very good. i'm not excited about Caneles, but most of that is because to me just represents a giant "?".

as to the other hires he's made, Shoop and the new DB coach, they both to me, seem like very solid hires.

it's on the offensive side of the ball, where i think CBJ won't lighten his grip. though i do think, in the interest of alignment, that Scott and Caneles having previous relationship at S. Fla played a role, and i have to believe that Shoop had plenty of input on hiring the DB coach.

maybe this will work. maybe this is getting closer to what is needed to get this staff all going in the same direction.

i hope it is. but i have no problem with those that turn their nose up and say "meh" either. i understand it, and can't lie, as i listened on the radio, that was my initial gut reaction too.

Oh sure, "meh" was my initial reaction as well. Then my orange tinted powers of rationalization kicked in and I tried to give myself some reason to be hopeful. For all we know, it may be "Interim Head Coach Larry Scott" by mid-November next year.

Pretty sure Jones could have announced the new OC is Jutch Bones and he just ran around behind a curtain and put a wig and fake moustache on, and some here would say they were excited about the hire and praise the move.

Reactions: 3 people
Yay, Butch did what everyone expected him to do. He hired a couple of puppets to continue to run his sorry offense. Sorry folks but if anyone thinks these are good hires, you must not watch much football. Next season will be his last.

We do not fail to note your icons for FSU, Duke, and the Cobb County Braves - no Tennessee. Your post is derisive and dismissive... Makes it easy to dismiss your future posts.

Reactions: 1 person
What's wrong with the offense?

It's to conservative. Nothing more than a few zone dives/reads and quick screens. We have no vertical passing game and now with Dobbs gone, all those designed QB runs are over unless Gurantano starts. It's not a fast pace Spread which appears to be the only Offense to beat Nicky Satan. I should have expected this though, Butch is a micromanager and whoever he was gonna hire was going to be forced to runs his plays.

I believe that was the plan for Scott from the beginning. I considered it when he was hired and a few posted the idea.
It's why he was so heavily involved last season.

It was a tough season for the Vols and the coaches took a lot of heat. Coach Scott proved himself as a good assistant and a good colleague. Coach Gillespie did the same. Coach G was on the front lines of the Hurd fiasco and never wavered. We will see what Coach Scott can do as an OC but his character is proven..

Reactions: 2 people
Pretty sure Jones could have announced the new OC is Jutch Bones and he just ran around behind a curtain and put a wig and fake moustache on, and some here would say they were excited about the hire and praise the move.

We've seen this post before

Man-Behind-The-Curtain.jpg

Oh sure, "meh" was my initial reaction as well. Then my orange tinted powers of rationalization kicked in and I tried to give myself some reason to be hopeful. For all we know, it may be "Interim Head Coach Larry Scott" by mid-November next year.

i hear ya. i think we are all hopeful.

i'm just not seeing a whole lot of reasons that rationalize it.:thumbsup:

i hear ya. i think we are all hopeful.

i'm just not seeing a whole lot of reasons that rationalize it.:thumbsup:

If Fulmer indeed becomes AD then it will be interim and still reigning champion coach Fulmer by mid November.

Just like all news released on a Friday afternoon. It was expected to not be taken well.

That's OK though. The end game has now been set for Butch Jones. Fail and be gone. The only thing left to do is to hire the Ax man.

These are the best moves for the staff and this team. All of you that are whining just remember at the end of the day: 1. It's Butch's program to run and 2. You knew this was coming anyway and 3. Your "expert" opinion to the contrary was either impossible or unrealistic. In which case I'd refer you back to point #2. Now let's focus on the team.

These are the best moves for the staff and this team. All of you that are whining just remember at the end of the day: 1. It's Butch's program to run and 2. You knew this was coming anyway and 3. Your "expert" opinion to the contrary was either impossible or unrealistic. In which case I'd refer you back to point #2. Now let's focus on the team.

Any word on OL and DL coaches?

Butch Jones is a colossal idiot. The fact that we didn't fire him for ****ting the bed again this season, is proof that our athletic department is a joke. I'm just convinced that we are dedicated to not put a good product on the field, our football team is an embarrassment.

I'm not sure how to feel about this..

But it's CBJ's decision and the consequences fall on no one else but him.

*****ing does no good because I can't change it so guess I'm just here for the ride like everyone else.

VN Store

Back