Jon Gruden in Knoxville (not a Grumor)

abacon81

Ad augusta per angusta
Sorry for the title, didn't know how else to title it.

I ran down to the Knoxville Farmers market on Saturday and popped in to Coffee and Chocolate. Thought I recognized the guy standing in front of me, and sure enough it was Jon Gruden. Asked him for a quick selfie and he obliged before heading out into the market with his wife.

Just thought I'd share.

PhotoEditor_20190512_115655203.jpg

Sorry for the title, didn't know how else to title it.

I ran down to the Knoxville Farmers market on Saturday and popped in to Coffee and Chocolate. Thought I recognized the guy standing in front of me, and sure enough it was Jon Gruden. Asked him for a quick selfie and he obliged before heading out into the market with his wife.

Just thought I'd share.

View attachment 205247
Did you ask why he was in Knoxville?

Did you ask why he was in Knoxville?

Didn't really get the chance.
Asked for the pic and as soon as I had taken it his wife was there ready to go, so I didn't push my luck.

If I had to guess, they were probably in town for Mother's day as her family is still in the area.

Lol, to be fair, I cropped myself out for this post. No one wants to see me.

Frankly, I wouldn't blame you for cropping out. With so many beyond insane folks today, it probably is best to plaster your image over the Internet. Nice photo of Gruden all the same.

He probably would not have answered, but I would have asked him with you even publicly saying how much you like UT, and even stating he would consider coaching here years ago, and with all the grumors with the last 2 coaching searches, was he ever really interested in coaching UT?? And if so, what was the hang up??
I know some guys on here had their opinions, and I do also. But after all these years, I still haven’t heard a true straight up/forward answer from anyone about the situation with either coaching search

I could see Gruden getting sick and tired of the NFL game at some point and get back to real coaching of youngsters and not money grabbing divas. Hopefully when/if that happens we'll be too good to even want him.

I could see Gruden getting sick and tired of the NFL game at some point and get back to real coaching of youngsters and not money grabbing divas. Hopefully when/if that happens we'll be too good to even want him.

Or the Raiders get sick and tired of sucking under his "tutelage" and throw his underperforming *** back on the reject pile where he belongs.

Or the Raiders get sick and tired of sucking under his "tutelage" and throw his underperforming *** back on the reject pile where he belongs.

Why the hostility towards him? He used us to increase his demand and we used him as cover to attempt to hire Schiano....

He probably would not have answered, but I would have asked him with you even publicly saying how much you like UT, and even stating he would consider coaching here years ago, and with all the grumors with the last 2 coaching searches, was he ever really interested in coaching UT?? And if so, what was the hang up??
I know some guys on here had their opinions, and I do also. But after all these years, I still haven’t heard a true straight up/forward answer from anyone about the situation with either coaching search

Just a guess out of the blue.

He is a Super Bowl winning HC. Working in LA. With nothing to prove.

Need I say more?

I would ask him about the Vols and if he had any insider info on how they are developing. That’s the key to the how many games will we win question.

After that maybe what’s the biggest fish he ever caught. I’ve never caught a really big fish for the species. Largest Largemouth bass was 4 3/4 lbs., it was as long as my arm when I was 12, biggest catfish 12 or 13 lbs.

All of the “money grabbing divas”, once were the “youngsters”.

“What we have here is a failure to communicate.”, I don’t understand your point. After this contract he can go buy another island in Belize. This is his last stop. Why call them money grabbing divas? You don’t lolly gag your way into the NFL.

I expect we will be too good to want him then too.

I hope you expressed your disappointment for him not taking the HC job.

This!

VN Store

Back