Johnathan Kongbo rti interview

Switch Ga and Florida and maybe. Florida is headed down.

Florida may or may not be heading down. Still too soon to tell IMO. Even if they have a bad year this year, they could still bounce back.

I do agree though. If we don't win the east this year, it will be because of Georgia. New coaches or not, there is still a lot of talent on that Georgia team.

I'd rather actually beat Florida and Alabama than talk trash about beating them and lose for the 12th/10th year in a row.

When you know you're a 1st round pick, you don't talk trash. He didn't. Called it straight.

FYI, from 1938-1960 Alabama beat us 5 times. That's 23 years. Five.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but, it sounds like your implying the Tennessee players have not provided enough "TALENT, HARD WORK, 100% DEDICATION (everyone focused on the end goal), PHYSICAL / MENTAL TOUGHNESS, SELF / TEAM CONFIDENCE, ABSOLUTE REFUSAL TO LOSE, ETC."???
I have seen players working out on their own time, vomit from exhaustion. Not from a coach pushing them; from them pushing themselves. Many times over the years Tennessee players were clearly the better athletes but, the coaches simply got out coached. Many times the play calls didn't fall in their favor (been a few years ago but, Jabbar Gaffney for example). Tell Al Wilson he didn't give it his all. Tell Peyton Manning. I wouldn't dare.
Based on your reply, you are totally reading it wrong. Al Wilson is THE BEST OVERALL leader UT has ever had in it's FB history, (he REFUSED to lose)! That type leadership has been missing ever since he left, and chances are we will never have another one like him. That being said, we do finally have the type leaders (that when combined), have the ability to have that same type impact on the team. There's a reason CBJ had the team choose team captains in the spring, then name them captains for the entire year during the spring game (something he has never ever done in his coaching career). Now it's their responsibility to show they are worthy of the teams respect and confidence placed in them. If you read this, hopefully it will clarify what you missed originally.

Good Grief! Somebody put a lid on that kid! We cannot afford to be cocky against Florida. They already have enough motivation to beat us as it is.

Put the kids to bed, the grown-ups are talking.

Any Vol fan that don't like what Kongbo said, there is something wrong with you.

This man means business. Don't be be the weak link.

It's gonna be a great year, 15-0 National Champions.

Tampa here we come.

Jump higher Vols.

Reactions: 4 people
Kongbo reading Volnation. Kongbo mad.

It would be funny to see how Christian Lowe would act if Kongbo was knocking on his door:

Kongbo at door; (knock knock)

Christian Lowe: Who's there?

Kongbo: Is Christian home?

Christian Lowe: Who's asking?

Kongbo: It's me, Kongbo.

Christian Lowe: There is no Christian Lowe here Mr. Kongbo.

Kongbo: You sure about that Christian?

Christian Lowe: Yes Sir, I'm sure. I mean, no Sir, I'm not Christian Lowe.

Kongbo: Christian, I just wanted you to know that we ARE on our way to Tampa.

Christian Lowe: Crickets

Jump higher Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
Hopefully Kongbo is as good as advertised. Would love for us to back this up on the field.

King Kongbo has it 100% correct!

You absolutely MUST BELIEVE before you can go and do it!

You must believe to achieve.

Confidence, a positive attitude, consistent hard work to become the best you can become and the swagger on game day to go out and knock the crap out of the other team on every single play and TAKE the advantage and then hold it the rest of the game gets WINS.

I love the confidence and refuse to lose attitude of this young man and I believe all of Team 120 has exactly the same attitudes.

Team 120 simply EXPECTS to go out and WIN every single game this season.

Many of us Tennessee fans believe and expect the same thing.

If not now, when?

I say NOW!

Building a Champion WIN by WIN...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Wow. Butch Jones wasn't happy with KMAC'S trash talk last year. I can't imagine his reaction to this.

This is not trash talk. It's answering a question during an interview. And as for being afraid of a team having bulletin board material or they will circle a date on a calendar.........nothing gonna help those chumps this year they are all going down.

That's more like trash talk calling them chumps, big difference.

Jump higher Vols.

Good Grief! Somebody put a lid on that kid! We cannot afford to be cocky against Florida. They already have enough motivation to beat us as it is.

Winners could give a rat's xxx what their opposition thinks. Losers stay up at night wringing their hands hoping their adversaries take it easy on them. Can we as a VN fan base not grow a pair?? For goodness sakes some of ya'll need testosterone cream, head to the RX store!

Reactions: 2 people
There's nothing wrong with being confident in yourself and your team. Matter of fact you better be sure of yourselves if your gona compete at the highest level. A winner should be confident. Speaking sure of yourself and your team is not a bad thing but neither is having a quiet confidence about you and having your actions on the field speak volumes for you. Each to his own so some may "trash talk" and some may "troll" and others may speak as a matter of fact about how good they will be but ALL WILL HAVE TO BACK IT UP when it comes time to do so. Some will and some won't. Others won't say a word leading up to the games and beast out. Talking about it before or after the game won't change a thing about the final score.

LOL how does that make me a coward? I was simply wondering what Jone's reaction was. Besides, why should I be afraid? I'm not the one who has to suit up and play against these teams.

Sounds like if you had to suit up and play you would feel justified in being afraid.

That's why you were called coward.

Jump higher Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
If you do the stars and the experience of UA vs UT this year I think that we have more 4 and 5 stars HS recruits with more college experience than they do on the field. Remember UA replaced 11 offensive and defensive starters. I think we replaced 3 (North, Randolph, Pearson, maybe 1 more) We will have the same number of high school stars across the board and should have more starting in game reps than they will. This is truly the year we should have an edge lining up man against man vs them then we've had since almost the Shula days.

But I agree with you for a decade we have been at a talent deficit compared to them. This year though is different, all our skill position guys are 4-5stars... Malone 5, Preston 5, Hurd 5, Kamara 5, Drew Richmond 4/5, Dobbs 4, Robertson 4, Wolf 4. Nearly every starter that we have on offense is a 4 or 5 star.

Defensively Kahlil 5, Tuttle 5, TKJ 4, Martin top JUCO, Kirkland 4, Kongbo 5/ #1 Juco, Cam Sutton (not sure about HS rating but top 3 in SEC secondary hands down.) Barnett 4, Traylor 4,

I'm not going to look up the UA players cause personally I don't care about them. If you start to look at the stars out of HS that we will put on the field this year combined with last years experience on offense 8 either 4 or 5 stars and on defense 7 or so are either 4/5 or top 5 JUCO players that will more than likely start. Looking this UA is replacing Heisman running back, QB and other skill positions. Not saying that the guys they are going to put out there will be bad, but they haven't played that much and unless they have a 6-star rating that I don't know about will have the same stars that we are putting on the field with less game experience, so I give the edge to us this year from a talent perspective. How can you not?? Thoughts??
so you're taking the star rankings, a subjective ranking process, and using it to then say we're more talented because of them.

ok.

again, why can't we just leave it at "the gap is narrowing or gone".

so you're taking the star rankings, a subjective ranking process, and using it to then say we're more talented because of them.

ok.

again, why can't we just leave it at "the gap is narrowing or gone".

Not to mention a subjective ranking process based on what they did in HS. A lot of changes happen after HS.

Not to mention a subjective ranking process based on what they did in HS. A lot of changes happen after HS.

agreed. arguing who's more talented is like arguing what tastes better....it's all subjective.

and i still think on the foundation of 5 or 6 #1 recruiting classes, Bama probably still holds at least a minor edge(i say tongue in cheek) in talent...over just about everyone in college football.

VN Store

Back