John Wilkerson's Radio Call as Vols Stun Wright State

Wilkerson was so excited he said, "Tennessee stays alive by the slightest hair of its chinny chin chin" lol. We all know what he meant, but it wasn't an elimination game. "Holy Smokes!"

Reactions: 87&91ALUM and txbo
I know it's the early part of the tourney and we should not be having to win on a last gasp HR. You can't expect to win your way to the end on last gasp heroics or our "end" will come early..

I know it's the early part of the tourney and we should not be having to win on a last gasp HR. You can't expect to win your way to the end on last gasp heroics or our "end" will come early..

This is the post season and all the teams playing are good. If you can’t enjoy this win, you’re just looking for something to be negative about.

GO VOLS!!!

What is wrong with people like you? Lives that are so sad that you always look for the black cloud behind every silver lining!

You're either a troll or know nothing about CBB. Wright State is a 2 seed in most regions. Their lineup is top 10 in almost every stat. Multiple members of the media have said they are good enough to hit their way to Omaha.

Reactions: BigDave and vol66
I know a couple of people here clearly do not understand there are no such things as cupcakes anymore BUT surely we can all agree NOW in the tournaments THERE ARE NO CUPCAKES...A great walk off Grand Slam that will go down in BaseVol history....let's get ready for a FIRED UP REALLY GOOD Liberty team!!!

Reactions: BigDave
This kind of win can carry a team a long long way. Enjoy GBO!!!!!

Reading this older thread... some people can look at this and say, "Wow, Vols came really close to losing to WS." Others look and say, "Wow, even in the worst of circumstances, you can't count this team out." I guess everyone gets to decide what they saw. I saw the latter.

You're either a troll or know nothing about CBB. Wright State is a 2 seed in most regions. Their lineup is top 10 in almost every stat. Multiple members of the media have said they are good enough to hit their way to Omaha.

Troll my ass! I just made a statement. In baseball any team that has a pitcher get "hot" can do what WS just came near to doing. What I was noticing is a trend I have seen this season. That is our Vols, to me, seem to depend heavily on the long ball. I just wish to see more runs scored without depending on the long ball. I have not seen many Vol games on TV this year. For whatever reason I just can't catch them. See plenty of other SEC teams just not Vols. For that matter, I have not been able to see our regional on TV. Hardly hear much said about it, but what is said is watch out for the Vols on into the tourney.

Troll my ass! I just made a statement. In baseball any team that has a pitcher get "hot" can do what WS just came near to doing. What I was noticing is a trend I have seen this season. That is our Vols, to me, seem to depend heavily on the long ball. I just wish to see more runs scored without depending on the long ball. I have not seen many Vol games on TV this year. For whatever reason I just can't catch them. See plenty of other SEC teams just not Vols. For that matter, I have not been able to see our regional on TV. Hardly hear much said about it, but what is said is watch out for the Vols on into the tourney.

You clearly do not watch much baseball at all, because it's not just Tennessee "depending on the long ball." It's a large portion of teams across amateur and professional baseball. MLB is saturated with home runs and strikeouts. It's just how the game is played right now.

You clearly do not watch much baseball at all, because it's not just Tennessee "depending on the long ball." It's a large portion of teams across amateur and professional baseball. MLB is saturated with home runs and strikeouts. It's just how the game is played right now.
You are right!! I don't watch as much as I once did. Back in the day (late fifties) I tried out for the Pittsburg Pirates (just for the fun of it). Turned out to be the fastest in the camp. Really good centerfield, until throwing back to infield. They told me I was too small as the Pirate organization was trending to bigger guys. (Ed Bailey, a couple of outfielders in the 6'2" to 6"5" range, big guys all over the field) Umpired for a number of years up to and including some college age guys in summer leagues, went to St Louis every year or so for some time. Watched and listened to games until life with and for my family cut into my baseball life. Now as an old fart trying to watch this "new" game just don't get it for me.

VN Store

Back