John Fulkerson Injury

Would be interesting if Tenn-Florida meet again in the NCAA and Payne is playing. I would bet the game would have some ejections on both sides.

Reactions: Alto1
Would be interesting if Tenn-Florida meet again in the NCAA and Payne is playing. I would bet the game would have some ejections on both sides.
I don't think Payne will play again this season....Not worth it....Such a Thug Move....

Reactions: Alto1
I don't think Payne will play again this season....Not worth it....Such a Thug Move....
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. In this day and age, nothing surprises me anymore. Like that Georgia Lineman that broke Shy Tuttle's leg in (now) the second dirtiest play I've seen. No punishment and UGA put his face on the ticket for the Tennessee game the next year. (or was it the cover of the program? Can't remember).

It was dirty play during an athletic competition. He was ejected, end of story. These things happen sometimes, but the last thing sports need is idiots calling for people to get assault charges for what goes in a game. Pussification of America continues....

Well...the case law for such charges goes back decades. But, I agree that the legal courts are not the best place to address this. The NCAA or SEC should oppose appropriate sanctions when intentional conduct like this is involved.

I think that “wussification” is seeing acts like this and being afraid to impose appropriate, harsh sanctions. I wouldn’t have a problem with it if Pons were allowed to put a right hook on his jaw to enforce it on the court (like hockey). But we all know that such action would be rewarded with a long suspension. WELL...an intentional elbow equates to a punch in my book. The player deserves a lengthy suspension.

There is no place for this in any sport.

Well...the case law for such charges goes back decades. But, I agree that the legal courts are not the best place to address this. The NCAA or SEC should oppose appropriate sanctions when intentional conduct like this is involved.

I think that “wussification” is seeing acts like this and being afraid to impose appropriate, harsh sanctions. I wouldn’t have a problem with it if Pons were allowed to put a right hook on his jaw to enforce it on the court (like hockey). But we all know that such action would be rewarded with a long suspension. WELL...an intentional elbow equates to a punch in my book. The player deserves a lengthy suspension.

There is no place for this in any sport.
Yep. Wussification is not having the nads to toss the clown for the year.

What are you talking about?

He thinks the player who intentionally elbowed Fulkerson in the face twice, already paid for his actions just because it was during a “basketball game.”

At that moment, it had nothing to do with playing basketball. He tried to hurt Fulkerson.

Dude is a clown for downplaying the situation like it’s no big deal.

It’s a basketball game. The guy threw an elbow, anyone who has ever played the game knows this happens quite frequently. This may be assault if they were in the middle of marching band practice, but basketball is a contact sport.
Yep, elbows are thrown all the time....but not at heads, in a playground game that’ll get a beat down or in today’s environment...,shot. An elbow to the head or face is well across the line

Reactions: VolFaninFla
If I were you I would just close my mouth and stop arguing with every word anyone says.

Is it possible to give 100 likes? Time to move on!
It was a cheap shot with intent to inflict harm and Fulky is out tomorrow, most likely, and possibly beyond.

I knew it was an egregious play as there was conversation on Sirrius FM stating the FL player should be penalized beyond one game.

I was @ work all day and didn’t see the play until just now. I feel bad for Fulky and it’s a shame that a player can’t control his emotions.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Yep, elbows are thrown all the time....but not at heads, in a playground game that’ll get a beat down or in today’s environment...,shot. An elbow to the head or face is well across the line

Yes, and...it was two INTENTIONAL elbows...both aimed at the head. He sized him up with the first, and then when that didn’t have the desired impact, he launched the second.

This should be an easy suspension to hand down.

I know all fan bases have their A holes including UT but go to Rupps Rafters and see what [some] UK fans are saying about Fulky. Truly classless bunch of fans up there.

FYP. I find it hard to believe that any malicious comments are in the majority view.

Will be at the game tomorrow. Should be a good one. As for Fulky and some calling for criminal charges: the only precedent I know of for sure, is in combat sports. I seem to faintly remember a brawl in a football game in the 90’s (don’t remember the teams) that resulted in criminal assault charges.

Yep. Always a way to even the score on the playground. A well timed undercut is a nice touch when dudes wanted to act tough. Landing on your back or head on the pavement would usually stop the elbows. Only way to get these guys attention in organized ball is to suspend them. They just want to play and you take that away. Only thing that will teach a lesson. If White and Florida won’t do it, that just says they condone it.

Reactions: Wireless1 and EZE

VN Store

Back