John Brice lists other candidates

Correct. Fulmer did not stop the deal at all. One of the board members is the one causing the roadblock.
Then Pruitt should tell that member and whoever else to pound sand and bolt for the first open job he can find before this program and admin ruin his career.

Reactions: amorange
Look no further than our “AD” for the snag. According to Chris Lowe.
Love Phil but it’s like getting an Admiral that launched a torpedo from his battleship into his destroyer...being court martialed...then bringing him back to lead another fleet to war.

Why not Darryl Dickey???

I hoped for many years that Daryl Dickey would find his way back to UT as a coach, but every time I've looked him up he's been at a small school somewhere (HC at West Georgia currently), so apparently that's not to be.

There is the other guy - Darrell Dickey - the OC and QB coach at TX A&M. He was at Memphis before that. He might be a good choice, but he's not our Darryl Dickey from the 1986 Sugar Bowl.

Reactions: Donvolson
I know what's going on Pruitt is going to be the OC he wants to call nothing run run and run somemore !!!!!

I hoped for many years that Daryl Dickey would find his way back to UT as a coach, but every time I've looked him up he's been at a small school somewhere (HC at West Georgia currently), so apparently that's not to be.

There is the other guy - Darrell Dickey - the OC and QB coach at TX A&M. He was at Memphis before that. He might be a good choice, but he's not our Darryl Dickey from the 1986 Sugar Bowl.
Thank you !! I just figured this out. Totally tricked me. I'd stil take dickey from a and m , but not over briles as of today's news .

Reactions: AM64
Thank you !! I just figured this out. Totally tricked me. I'd stil take dickey from a and m , but not over briles as of today's news .

I was completely confused the first time I heard about a coach named Dickey at Memphis because I'd checked a few times on Daryl Dickey. Then I realized there are two college football coaches with the same name but fortunately different spellings; it's just weird because it's a fairly small profession and the name isn't exactly a common one.

Maybe because I was a freshman at UT when Dickey was a first year HC, Doug Dickey remains my favorite HC from my time following Tennessee football. Since I quit school in my Jr year to join the Army and didn't return to UT for another five years, I guess I didn't feel the rejection when Dickey left for FL as much as many fans did. In those days it was pretty hard following Tennessee football overseas.

My best memory of Daryl Dickey would be the '86 Sugar Bowl - overachieving in a jersey that looked about three sizes too large. But in all honesty I have to believe a defense that lived in the Miami backfield was what really won the game, and why I've always thought defense was the key to the game.

VN Store

Back