John Brice lists other candidates

He just said on 104.5 the zone in Nashville that Hugh freeze was all but a done deal, but hit a snag somewhere!!! So now he's saying Texans oc Oklahoma states oc and Neal brown at Troy!!!!

If it is a contract snag, then Sexton is being disagreeable on purpose. Sexton doesn't want Freeze at U T but doesn't want to say No and look bad publicly

Thats the biggest lie ever told. What if i told you i know some church family of his who stated 2 weeks after his firing he was going to drop a bombshell on ole miss, but chose to take the fall? Everyone in ms that knows the freeze family knows their character, and its nothing like the man is being portrayed. Not saying he hasnt made mistakes, but he is a man of great character. But, hey if you are ut administration you would rather hire a guy who supposedly covered up child molestation.
I don’t know Freeze personally, but I’m close to two highly respected guys who do. They’ve had nothing but good things to say about Freeze. Even during the investigation they would go out of their way to say good things about him. I’ve also heard him speak at a YBL gathering in Jackson. Great story. He is man of faith but he’d be the first to tell you he isn’t perfect. In fact, that’s exactly what he told about 400 men that night... repeatedly. Just because someone shares their faith doesn’t mean they think they are “holier than thou” or whatever.

Good post.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Who are you Jesus !?!?!?!?
Sure, having an opinion about who should or shouldn’t coach at your alma mater is the same as sending someone to Hell or having them pelted with stones until they’re dead.

Uh huh, no difference. How dare Ole Miss be so unforgiving and fire him. They should hire him back, right? Hell, the SEC and NCAA should issue a letter of forgiveness.

It's more than the candidate's on and off the field record, right? It's their football philosophy and, more importantly, their ability to be an element of CJPs team of coaches. Too strong a candidate could split the team.
I think so. I got enamored with Freeze hire, and probably still would, but, personality wise, I don't know that he fits. Just seems to be a diversion from Pruitt and group being pretty dang straight forward "is what it is" guys, and Freeze more "inspirational journey" in public and potentially different in reality...which may not jive w/ team mojo. If UT still moves on Freeze, I'm confident Pruitt would have vetted that pretty well.

I don’t know Freeze personally, but I’m close to two highly respected guys who do. They’ve had nothing but good things to say about Freeze. Even during the investigation they would go out of their way to say good things about him. I’ve also heard him speak at a YBL gathering in Jackson. Great story. He is man of faith but he’d be the first to tell you he isn’t perfect. In fact, that’s exactly what he told about 400 men that night... repeatedly. Just because someone shares their faith doesn’t mean they think they are “holier than thou” or whatever.

Good post.
Could be a number of factors, none of which have to do with Freeze true character, whether he's a good man or not. Top of the list, to me, IF we've moved on, is the iron may still be too hot from UT's NCAA black cloud a few years ago to even go near someone with recent NCAA violations.

Capture.JPG

Snag being Bama?!
Saban probably had a chat with him and said “you might want to rethink going to TN. That program is a dumpster fire. Sure you wanna wade into that mess?” If it was anything along those lines it wouldn’t shock me one bit. We are gonna end up with some crap coach with no SEC experience to run the offense next year will be another sh-tty season and Pruitt will be asked to go elsewhere...

Reactions: Pacer92
Give me Kendal Briles and I will be happier than Freeze
Would be a slam dunk, but where is the rumor that we’re interested coming from? I know Brice mentioned it yesterday, but it was posted here before he said anything. Makes it seem like it’s all just internet rumors

Would be a slam dunk, but where is the rumor that we’re interested coming from? I know Brice mentioned it yesterday, but it was posted here before he said anything. Makes it seem like it’s all just internet rumors
Yeah I’m not saying there is any traction. I was just expressing my wants since it is close to Christmas haha

Reactions: bpalmer28
so, as of now there's still no decision and the early signing period is upon us...guess Coach Pruitt feels comfortable with this and he is certain of who he has and not worried at all...I assume AD Fulmer feels the same way...I mean we did get a QB commit without an OC so I guess there's no hurry..."I GUESS"...:cool:

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

VN Store

Back