John Adams quote on Butch

When did SEC EAST championships become such a big deal?

It became a big deal because we lost so many of the Championship games.

Winning the SEC is what matters period!

And speaking of things to "SAY". I don't want another Alabama line to be "We beat Tennessee twice in one year!" When we play Bama twice in one year, I want Tennessee to have the 2-0 record for one year.

Gotta get to Atlanta to win Atlanta.

Looks like the 3-4 precious snowflake posters who hate Butch in 95% of their posts have created and gathered in yet another thread. Carry on legion of the miserables.

I've decided to block them all.

Let's make Volnation.com Great Again!

:rock:

Vol 'til I Fall!

Dude...you are full of crap and a piss poor excuse for a Vol fan. Why don't you go root for Bama or Vandy? :bad:

Truth is you don't know sheet about coaching. I'll bet you never played a single down of college football or coached at any level. Yet you want to flap your gums trashing our coach...STFU already. :bad:

Oh yes master of coaching and football playing skill. I will obey..

I know just as much as any other person on this site, with the exception of a former player that has vanished lately.

Butch has shown his pattern of choking games away every year.

And there is nothing you can do to make it better, nor nothing you can do to make me post less, sweetheart. Muah. I love you. I'll miss you until your next post.

Reactions: 1 person
Yea, stupid Butch. He's run this program into the ground, what with his 11 game winning streak and consistent winning seasons.

He's freaking awful

Consistent winning seasons. My God what has our fan base come to. I literally recognize none of this football program or its new fan base.

Reactions: 2 people
We thump VT, lose 3 of our 4 best defensive players Sutton/JRM/DKjr, should have put over 40 on the Gators, beat Georgia (back to back seasons) in their house, came within a hair of beating TAM (hang on to just 3 of those TO's we beat them handily too), get down to ZERO DT's minimal LB's, offensive unit dies with Hurd in Columbia...takes off again after Hurd's cancerous presence is finally gone, and about to finish 9-3....with a shot at the Sugar Bowl dangling in front of us. Not winning the East was a blessing with our defense being completely shot. Florida is about to get dealt with in similar fashion as we did...watch and see. Glad they are being lambs sent to slaughter not us.

We could finish 10-3 with a Sugar Bowl victory and most of you will be disgusted....regardless of the positives listed above.

2013 5-7
2014 7-6
2015 9-4
2016 8-3 and counting...
Butch and this staff upset me at times...maybe he gets fired next year and we get the second coming of Saban or Meyer...maybe he hires a high octane glory day Oregon Duck type experienced spread OC with better in game adjustments/chess master...hires a new high result having OL coach....

Bunch of what if's but this $#!+ hole of a program that I have loved for 40 years is back on track. Butch has done nothing but change this program around completely...record has improved greatly each season.

If he loses to GT, UF, UG, SC, LSU next season then he deserves to be on the short end of the red hot seat. But the man has brought us to the realm of 9 wins back to back seasons....3 bowl games in a row with a shot at the Sugar Bowl. I'll take it for now given 3 seasons ago where we were. If the new AD sees Butch as Ron Zook...then so be it too. But try to enjoy and appreciate what these players/staff have accomplished in 4 years and counting right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Went to title game every 3 years. Haven't been able to say that since 2008--WITH PHIL. We should have been in Atlanta last year and this year but we Butched it.

Went every 3 years in the time of Spurrier, Richt, Meyer, and Saban.

Can't back in during the time of Muschamp, Smart, and McElwaine.

Exactly right...

"Injuries deprived Florida of three of its best defensive players against LSU. Its starting quarterback and center also were out with injuries. But it somehow managed to beat a more talented LSU team on its home field.

When UT coach Butch Jones was asked about the East title that got away, he responded predictably. "We just want to be 1-0 each week," he said.

The Vols celebrate going 1-0. The Gators celebrate going to the SEC championship.
Jones delivers another catchphrase. Florida coach coach Jim McElwain delivers another divisional title."
This is a false equivalency. Yes Florida had a few starters out ONE GAME and played second stringers. UT is playing 3rd and 4th stringers and in some cases guys converted from other positions the week before. Yes Florida was playing their second string QB who is arguably better than their stater. UT has averaged 2 centers a game all season plus all the other positions on the O-line. Paul Bain was the feel good meme of the offseason and no one actually expected him to play.. last game we would have killed for him.

Stop looking in your neighbors garage and drooling. Worry about whats in your own.

Went every 3 years in the time of Spurrier, Richt, Meyer, and Saban.

Can't back in during the time of Muschamp, Smart, and McElwaine.

Took Fulmer six years to get to his first...and they BACKED IN by Georgia beating Florida. :). Repeated...THEN every 3 years for 3 more appearances and BACKED in during URBAN'S first year. Faced Saban once...and...well...:pinch:. Not sure what your point was here. Are you saying give Butch two more years like Coach Fulmer?

Exactly right...

"Injuries deprived Florida of three of its best defensive players against LSU. Its starting quarterback and center also were out with injuries. But it somehow managed to beat a more talented LSU team on its home field.

When UT coach Butch Jones was asked about the East title that got away, he responded predictably. "We just want to be 1-0 each week," he said.

The Vols celebrate going 1-0. The Gators celebrate going to the SEC championship.
Jones delivers another catchphrase. Florida coach coach Jim McElwain delivers another divisional title."

What will Adams' quote be when UF gets torn in half by Bama?

This is a false equivalency. Yes Florida had a few starters out ONE GAME and played second stringers. UT is playing 3rd and 4th stringers and in some cases guys converted from other positions the week before. Yes Florida was playing their second string QB who is arguably better than their stater. UT has averaged 2 centers a game all season plus all the other positions on the O-line. Paul Bain was the feel good meme of the offseason and no one actually expected him to play.. last game we would have killed for him.

Stop looking in your neighbors garage and drooling. Worry about whats in your own.

Agreed, UF has been starting the wrong QB.

Florida and Tennessee arent even in the same stratosphere when it comes to injuries.

I'll forgive this because it is a statement bred from ignorance and not knowing much about Florida.

Tennessee has had alot of injuries. So has Florida. In the LSU game Florida had 9 starters out yet they still won.

Adams point stands........excuses are for losers.

Exactly right...

While I wanted to play bama again (have a tag on the front of my truck from a bet made at the start of the summer (bama tag) that I want off, but being a TENN FAN and stand up guy, honored the bet as much as I hate it. Had a question from a golfer at the local course ask me why do you have a bama front tag and a UT bag, my reply was because I was stupid :)

A chance at 10 wins and knocking off Ok or FSU, I'll take it. Yes my orange shades are on. Trust me, nothing hurt me more than losing to USCjr, and UF getting lucky at LSU. But it is what it is so deal with it. Pull for the team Saturday, and take on the best opponent.

I'll forgive this because it is a statement bred from ignorance and not knowing much about Florida.

Tennessee has had alot of injuries. So has Florida. In the LSU game Florida had 9 starters out yet they still won.

it appears you're equally ignorant on Tennessee. you had those injuries for one game. we've had them since the Ohio game or before.

you can compare whatever you want for a single game, but when it comes to the entire season....very few, if any, have had as many significant players miss as much significant time as we have.

Agree 1000%. McElwain delivers for his university even when he isn't expected to win the division. Butch craps the bed every year and his excuses are never about himself.

it appears you're equally ignorant on Tennessee. you had those injuries for one game. we've had them since the Ohio game or before.

you can compare whatever you want for a single game, but when it comes to the entire season....very few, if any, have had as many significant players miss as much significant time as we have.
You can use injuries as a talking point if you want. But here's two things to consider:

1. Absolutely zero excuse for losing to USC. No amount of injuries can account for how bad that game was coached and how the players (including Dobbs) didn't show up to play against a high school senior QB.

2. The loss to TAMU was directly due to Dobbs making (one of his many) horrible passing mistakes.

Even with our injuries there is no excuse not to be a 1 loss team right now. The only game where injuries clearly made us worse off was the Bama game. Our subs clearly could not keep up with Bama's offense.

You can use injuries as a talking point if you want. But here's two things to consider:

1. Absolutely zero excuse for losing to USC. No amount of injuries can account for how bad that game was coached and how the players (including Dobbs) didn't show up to play against a high school senior QB.

2. The loss to TAMU was directly due to Dobbs making (one of his many) horrible passing mistakes.

Even with our injuries there is no excuse not to be a 1 loss team right now. The only game where injuries clearly made us worse off was the Bama game. Our subs clearly could not keep up with Bama's offense.

Agree 100%. Dobbs is a fair college QB but he can't throw worth a damn. He can run but his passing acumen is poor. He lobs the ball to open receivers; he does not have a strong rifle arm.

But the VOL fans will swear he is the next best thing to Peyton. And the same fans will predict a great season for the VOLS next year. Again.

did you read the post i was responding to? or are you just primed to respond to the word "injury" this way?

What will Adams' quote be when UF gets torn in half by Bama?

Adams won't write much about the game; rather he will go off on a tear about how bad FL looked and how it was unacceptable that TN with so little meaningful competition in the east wasn't in the game to manhandle AL.

Then he will continue his fire Butch crusade. Of course, he won't mention that TN beat GA and FL or that two of the TN losses were to the top west teams at the end of a brutal schedule stretch and with too many starters out to list.

That's the way Adams rolls; he does a little buildup in the beginning and then trashes every TN coach in the end. Adams is a little man trying to appear meaningful. His way to appear important is to diminish what others have done in difficult situations.

VN Store

Back