Joel Silverburg

People get mad over writers, hosts, etc. for being pessimistic when we've been TRASH for over a decade. Come on.

I don't understand the hate for @briancrice or Erik...its the only radio/podcast I can stand listening to about anything related to Tennessee Football. Keep up the good work fellas as well as Joel!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinglberry
I like them all at times. I just enjoy talk radio and sports talk is included in that. I enjoy listening to Ainge because he knows his football, I enjoy Basilio because he is a homer, I enjoy some of the others because they are objective. That's just me though!

I don't understand the hate for @briancrice or Erik...its the only radio/podcast I can stand listening to about anything related to Tennessee Football. Keep up the good work fellas as well as Joel!

It's part of the business, doesn't bother me in the least. If someone takes the time to say they hate me, that means they're listening enough to have an opinion. If the people that hated us called the show, then we could really have some fun.

The whole "state-run" and "mouthpiece" deal cracks me up. I get a few texts a week from people over there that didn't like what we said. Nobody tells me what to say and they sure aren't pulling anyone's credentials over things they don't like. Before I was on the radio, I was associated with the media relations program for 15 years between being a student, grad student, contributor and full time employee and in all those years I saw them pull exactly one credential and that was from a reporter that published an outright lie more than once and caused a scene at the complex. And that was at least 10 years ago.

People in the media say a lot of stuff the coaches and administration don't like. All part of the business. Not one reporter that sets foot on campus has a worry about having a credential pulled. Any school that tried that would get a call from the SEC office in about .3 seconds.

Reactions: RockyTopGolfer
It's part of the business, doesn't bother me in the least. If someone takes the time to say they hate me, that means they're listening enough to have an opinion. If the people that hated us called the show, then we could really have some fun.

The whole "state-run" and "mouthpiece" deal cracks me up. I get a few texts a week from people over there that didn't like what we said. Nobody tells me what to say and they sure aren't pulling anyone's credentials over things they don't like. Before I was on the radio, I was associated with the media relations program for 15 years between being a student, grad student, contributor and full time employee and in all those years I saw them pull exactly one credential and that was from a reporter that published an outright lie more than once and caused a scene at the complex. And that was at least 10 years ago.

People in the media say a lot of stuff the coaches and administration don't like. All part of the business. Not one reporter that sets foot on campus has a worry about having a credential pulled. Any school that tried that would get a call from the SEC office in about .3 seconds.
Hasn’t like half your station been employed by UT/Vol Network in some fashion?

Reactions: UTNoFear
I'm honestly disappointed that I only got nine votes in this poll.
I'm honestly disappointed that I only got nine votes in this poll.
Did I get everyone's attention? Good! My newest grandson was born Sunday afternoon. He is a healthy 10lbs 5oz bouncing baby middle linebacker. Momma and daddy are all good, but Pa, is out of this world excited!!

State run mouth piece? You tear down UT football at every opportunity. I don't call that being objective and JS does the same. Also I have to question a grown man who spends money on jersey's that he has never worn or played in. I concern myself with my high school jersey and my college jersey. I don't live vicariously through others. I had my success but latching on to other jersey's show's me you have no concept of being an athlete and for that as well as the tennis player commenting on football I discredit. I don't want sunshine pumpers but I want a knowledgeable account of the info coming out of camp. You and Joel are giving opinions and opinions only and don't have the meat Erik does.

Collect your jersey's because you are a fan that never played a down of football in high school or college and your living off others. The word leech comes to mind. While I know you spend good money your still living off the success of others. Make your own. Oh wait, you're a dweeb that lives their lives through others. You and Joel deserve each other. To play at a D1 or2 D 2 level for 4 years you have no comprehension. Spout your drivel and tear down all the athletes that you couldn't even hold their jocks. You guys haven't a clue as what it takes to be an athlete at this level. Deal with that. Last post because I'm done.

State run mouth piece? You tear down UT football at every opportunity. I don't call that being objective and JS does the same. Also I have to question a grown man who spends money on jersey's that he has never worn or played in. I concern myself with my high school jersey and my college jersey. I don't live vicariously through others. I had my success but latching on to other jersey's show's me you have no concept of being an athlete and for that as well as the tennis player commenting on football I discredit. I don't want sunshine pumpers but I want a knowledgeable account of the info coming out of camp. You and Joel are giving opinions and opinions only and don't have the meat Erik does.

Collect your jersey's because you are a fan that never played a down of football in high school or college and your living off others. The word leech comes to mind. While I know you spend good money your still living off the success of others. Make your own. Oh wait, you're a dweeb that lives their lives through others. You and Joel deserve each other. To play at a D1 or2 D 2 level for 4 years you have no comprehension. Spout your drivel and tear down all the athletes that you couldn't even hold their jocks. You guys haven't a clue as what it takes to be an athlete at this level. Deal with that. Last post because I'm done.

Bro, what in the world is wrong with you?

First, if you even listen to the show, which I do every single day at work and I have never heard Brian, Erik or Joel ever tear down UT football. IF ANYTHING they are both are a bit of a homer for UT and thats self proclaimed by them. Show your work son and tell me what hour and day they have said anything negative towards Vols Football?

Secondly, who gives a rip if Brian enjoys collecting jerseys. Your garbage attempt at insulting him about spending money on Jerseys is incredibly petty and frankly, you are a complete bully and a clown. Why would you call someone a dweeb on a message board for UT fans. His jersey collection shows he's more of a UT fan than you will ever be.

Go be a troll somewhere else and honestly go ahead and stop being a UT fan cause your the worst of em. I hear the Gators recruit fans like yourself.

I'm done with you now as*hat.

Last edited:
My take on Knoxville sports radio:
Sports Animal is UT flag ship = Voice of the school, coaches, boosters, administration.
Jayson Swain = Voice of the current and former Vol players.
Tony Basilio = Voice of the Fans, the common man.

People wouldn't trust someone takes if they were always bullish on the team they cover. You have to be as honest as possible....and when you are on public radio your takes are closely scrutinized.

Hence, most of these guys are just going with the flow of where things have been until proven wrong. It's the safest position to take. Doesn't mean these radio personalities hate the team, but they aren't going to stick their reputation on going against the grain.

Somebody's angry.

You sound a lot like one of my old girlfriends on the jerseys. Actually, Vicky, is that you? It would explain a lot of the anger directed my way.

Last edited:
Hasn’t like half your station been employed by UT/Vol Network in some fashion?

Only three of us. John Wilkerson is the football/basketball scoreboard host and calls Tennessee Baseball. I broadcast the softball games. Vince, who fills in on shows and does all of our web content, calls the home baseball games with John.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I went to work for the station, my bosses at the Vol Network told me I didn't need to worry about making them mad with what I said, I just needed to be honest and truthful. That's the only standard I have. Some people like it, Mr. UTNoFear apparently doesn't.

Only three of us. John Wilkerson is the football/basketball scoreboard host and calls Tennessee Baseball. I broadcast the softball games. Vince, who fills in on shows and does all of our web content, calls the home baseball games with John.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I went to work for the station, my bosses at the Vol Network told me I didn't need to worry about making them mad with what I said, I just needed to be honest and truthful. That's the only standard I have. Some people like it, Mr. UTNoFear apparently doesn't.
I don’t watch it anymore, but I know I’ve seen Erik also do segments on the coaches show in the past.

Is there something wrong, bro? Did you get tossed from your kid’s little league game recently and the pain from that embarrassment is still stinging a little?

Reactions: DeerPark12
In another post UTNoFear said he was a grandfather which makes this even more comical that we are dealing with a geriatric forum troll.

VN Store

Back