Joel on 99.1 Sports Talk Radio

Wormwood

I can’t be the only one who cringes listening to that guy talk. He’s got the most nasally voice; sounds like a little dweeb. I think he played tennis at UT, which sounds about right. No idea why he’s on air, let alone discussing football. As soon as he starts talking I honestly grit my teeth and wince hahaha. They say some people have a voice for tv but a face for radio. He has a voice for an annoying children’s tv show or something.

Anyone? Back me up here. Can we send him packing with Kesling, maybe?

Reactions: Volfan2112
I can’t be the only one who cringes listening to that guy talk. He’s got the most nasally voice; sounds like a little dweeb. I think he played tennis at UT, which sounds about right. No idea why he’s on air, let alone discussing football. As soon as he starts talking I honestly grit my teeth and wince hahaha. They say some people have a voice for tv but a face for radio. He has a voice for an annoying children’s tv show or something.

You’re post blasting a local radio personality is more irritating. Get a frigging life

Change.The.Station.Setting.

radio-on-off-switch-600w-771271384.jpg

Why you gotta call him a dweeb? Do you know him? The tone of his voice makes him a "dweeb?" Ridiculous.

Also I thought we were past the era of dweeb/nerd/geek shaming.

Reactions: MAD and JVol76
Yes it is. Those opinions can be laughed at, too.

And that’s totally fine. I know a lot will agree with me though.

And to the “change the channel” morons... I like listening to everyone else except him. If the Vols suck do we just change the channel and not b**ch about it? I don’t think so. If it was Joel’s show I’d change it. He’s just a fill in usually.

Reactions: RollerVol
Why you gotta call him a dweeb? Do you know him? The tone of his voice makes him a "dweeb?" Ridiculous.

Also I thought we were past the era of dweeb/nerd/geek shaming.

I said he SOUNDS like a dweeb. I said it because that’s what I think. I can’t help that you’re offended by opinions. It’s no different than me saying you SEEM like a snowflake. You may or may not be. Just my observation.

Ohhh I forgot, it’s 2019 where people get offended by everything or when anyone gets called a name.

Can we create a Safe Space Forum for Jnunn?

I mean whats he supposed to do with his voice. He actually impresses me sometimes when on the fly he talks about something several years ago that i would think he is too young to remember but he is spot on. But yeah i have some on radio i dont care for but ill either change the station or listen and argue with them in my work van as if they can hear me. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD

And to the “change the channel” morons... I like listening to everyone else except him. If the Vols suck do we just change the channel and not b**ch about it? I don’t think so. If it was Joel’s show I’d change it. He’s just a fill in usually.

That's an ignorant and invalid comparison. You can't control what happens on the field, the court, baseball diamond, etc but you can control what you listen to. You want to try and find a way to remove a guy from his job because you don't like the way he sounds? So if I see you in person and don't like the way you look can I demand you never show your face in public?

That's an ignorant and invalid comparison. You can't control what happens on the field, the court, baseball diamond, etc but you can control what you listen to. You want to try and find a way to remove a guy from his job because you don't like the way he sounds? So if I see you in person and don't like the way you look can I demand you never show your face in public?

Uhhh lol you’re hilariously ignorant my man! How is changing the station on the radio because you don’t like what you hear different than changing the TV channel because you don’t like what you see??? Aside from different forms of senses sending it to your brain lol 😂

I can’t control Joel. We can’t control what happens on the field. Its. The. Same. Concept. Changing the channel or radio station isn’t always the answer.

Not nearly as bad Jay Greason or Wells Guthrie in Chattanooga sports talk.

I said he SOUNDS like a dweeb. I said it because that’s what I think. I can’t help that you’re offended by opinions. It’s no different than me saying you SEEM like a snowflake. You may or may not be. Just my observation.

Ohhh I forgot, it’s 2019 where people get offended by everything or when anyone gets called a name.

Can we create a Safe Space Forum for Jnunn?

What does a dweeb sound like exactly? I don't think I'd be calling anyone else a snowflake when it's YOU who is offended by a guy's voice that he was born with and can't do anything about. However you can choose not to listen to him, simple as that. Maybe you need a safe space free from radios?

Reactions: allvol123
What does a dweeb sound like exactly? I don't think I'd be calling anyone else a snowflake when it's YOU who is offended by a guy's voice that he was born with and can't do anything about. However you can choose not to listen to him, simple as that. Maybe you need a safe space free from radios?

Hahaha wow. I’m not offended by Joel’s voice you redneck. It sucks. That’s what I said. Joel sucks on the radio. Let it go! Statement was made... I stand by it all the way. Now just go live your life.

Are you Joel? Joel’s dad, uncle.... which is it?

Uhhh lol you’re hilariously ignorant my man! How is changing the station on the radio because you don’t like what you hear different than changing the TV channel because you don’t like what you see??? Aside from different forms of senses sending it to your brain lol 😂

I can’t control Joel. We can’t control what happens on the field. Its. The. Same. Concept. Changing the channel or radio station isn’t always the answer.

I'm far from being ignorant, little fella and judging your absolutely asinine post I'd say you should worry your own lack of intelligence before attempting to call someone else out. You want to get a guy fired from his job for no other reason than the sound of his voice. Your parents must be real proud of what they raised. Or is it a lack of raising altogether? Numerous people on here gave you the solution to your "problem", turn off the damn radio. If you can't figure out how to do that I'm sure there's plenty of people who will show you or let them borrow your crayons and they can draw you a picture of how to do so.

Reactions: Jnunn and allvol123
There's a fight club meeting behind Waffle House, be there around 4pm, light refreshments will be served.

Reactions: ACvol3

VN Store

Back