Joe Novak of the NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions discusses 2020 CFB season

This thing is spiraling downward now, and all the projected Models are way off; (Some by 50%) . There should be no reason Fall Practice couldn't begin on time. That's 4 Months away. The Country should be opened up by May 15. We are acting like people weren't going to die from other causes before Corona. (Pneumonia, Flu, for instance) They were, and they are, and Corona is not the only culprit, although the CDC is directing the Dr's to list Corona as the COD in cases when in doubt. (Really? And No Lab Work Required? Wow) So the real numbers are much lower than the Projections and the assigned numbers. Yes it's Contagious and Deadly but we are getting it under control. Drugs are working and people are recovering with Immunity. Fire away.

This thing is spiraling downward now, and all the projected Models are way off; (Some by 50%) . There should be no reason Fall Practice couldn't begin on time. That's 4 Months away. The Country should be opened up by May 15. We are acting like people weren't going to die from other causes before Corona. (Pneumonia, Flu, for instance) They were, and they are, and Corona is not the only culprit, although the CDC is directing the Dr's to list Corona as the COD in cases when in doubt. (Really? And No Lab Work Required? Wow) So the real numbers are much lower than the Projections and the assigned numbers. Yes it's Contagious and Deadly but we are getting it under control. Drugs are working and people are recovering with Immunity. Fire away.
Brace yourself....

As much as I want things to be back to normal, this virus is no where close to under control. The original hotspots may be peaking soon but the rest of the country is just getting started. I live in Virginia and we aren’t supposed to peak until late May. If this was maybe 20-30 years ago we would be open but not in the world we live in now

Reactions: Dumbledorange
As much as I want things to be back to normal, this virus is no where close to under control. The original hotspots may be peaking soon but the rest of the country is just getting started. I live in Virginia and we aren’t supposed to peak until late May. If this was maybe 20-30 years ago we would be open but not in the world we live in now
The US has already seen the 'curve' turn downward.

Don't listen to the media. The projection model they're using to predict 'peaks' has absolutely whiffed on everything. It's predicted way higher than we've actually seen all across the board.

Also, you're listening to our governor with that 'late May peak', and politics aside that man is a verified moron.

Don't listen to the media. The projection model they're using to predict 'peaks' has absolutely whiffed on everything. It's predicted way higher than we've actually seen all across the board.

Also, you're listening to our governor with that 'late May peak', and politics aside that man is a verified moron.

just out of curiosity, where are you getting your much more reliable information? I have a suspicion that you’re pulling it out of your ass but I’m always interested in learning about new sources if you happen to have one. Just seems weird that you’re so much more optimistic than everyone else.

I live in Virginia too, the peak is April 20th with the models suggesting this thing is out of here before Memorial day. The models were way off
IHME | COVID-19 Projections

Also, it now has our deaths down to 890 and just yesterday that was at 1400 and last week that was at 3000. It would also appear we're not even going to need all of our ICU rooms. Its going to be OK

just out of curiosity, where are you getting your much more reliable information? I have a suspicion that you’re pulling it out of your ass but I’m always interested in learning about new sources if you happen to have one. Just seems weird that you’re so much more optimistic than everyone else.
You go to the Government website
IHME | COVID-19 Projections

Reactions: 84Volfan
It was linked right there for you already.

So you can blow it out of your own ass.

Isn't it striking that you can determine Political Persuasion by responses to Progress Made against this Cov19? "The news can't possibly be that good!" Beats all I've ever seen.
Actually, it's weirdly uniting the wimpy, overly frightened suburban weenie type and the doomers that fantasize about a world where they get to shoot people. I've seen the insanity on both sides.

The reality is that a lot of people got riled up from the start over something that didn't have a lot of data, and just ran with it. If you look back at things you realize the media deliberately misled on many things (easy example: OMG THE VIRUS LIVES FOR 9 DAYS ON SOME SURFACES, while failing to mention that it is infectious for at most a few hours, as noted in the same study).

I'm of the opinion that the Chinese have done a lot of manipulation both directions as cover for nefarious activity within their own country.

I am hoping the NCAA allows schools additional practice days based on how many spring practices they had.

It was linked right there for you already.

So you can blow it out of your own ass.
That’s the exact source everyone is using (including “the media”. If that’s what you’re using as well, what the hell is the source that you’re criticizing for being overly pessimistic??? Are you just looking at outdated predictions based on old data and getting worked up over it being out of date?

That’s the exact source everyone is using (including “the media”. If that’s what you’re using as well, what the hell is the source that you’re criticizing for being overly pessimistic??? Are you just looking at outdated predictions based on old data and getting worked up over it being out of date?

sorry that more people won’t die and the downfall of America won’t occur so you can’t be happy now you POS

Reactions: Kdbnab1

I hope so, but I think you’re missing the cycle of how long this is taking in countries where this started months ago.

If the US comes out of mitigation too early then it’s just going to ramp right back up.

Which drug is that? Where can one get it?

Which drug is that? Where can one get it?

Plaquinal. It is probably tricky to get right now as the Government and States have it controlled. It seems Doctors were writing themselves prescriptions for the drug; as it has shown to be somewhat a preventative; (with Zinc). (Who the hell could blame them?) Any antiviral is better than nothing at all, which is what many dead people got. Morphine and sedatives. . Well we know how that goes. Body bags.

Somewhat of a preventative, really sounds great. Hope your grandparents/great grandparents get on it real soon. Unless of course they have heart issues.

sorry that more people won’t die and the downfall of America won’t occur so you can’t be happy now you POS
Yeah... that’s not what I was talking about at all. I was responding to someone criticizing projections for being inaccurate without pointing to either which projections he thought were inaccurate or which projections he thought were more accurate. Turns out those might have somehow been the same thing???
Not sure how you get from “cite your sources” to “I wish people would die.” That’s pretty messed up. I’m happy to report that some of us do have morals so you don’t have to project your nihilistic values on the rest of us.

Somewhat of a preventative, really sounds great. Hope your grandparents/great grandparents get on it real soon. Unless of course they have heart issues.

Well this drug has been used for 50+ years for Rheumatoid and Lupus; and those diseases are Not EVEN in the ballpark of seriousness; and also affect Older People. The side effect Of Cov19 is DEATH.

I will die if we finish the year out without sports.

That seems really unlikely to me. Maybe prohibitions on live sports with spectators lasts that long (I hope not) but I doubt we're looking at many many more months of this. I'm optimistic about football but somewhat less optimistic about the NBA season.

That seems really unlikely to me. Maybe prohibitions on live sports with spectators lasts that long (I hope not) but I doubt we're looking at many many more months of this. I'm optimistic about football but somewhat less optimistic about the NBA season.

I heard Lane Kiffin respond to a similar question today. He basically said we aren’t gonna have games in empty stadiums when you got a hundred guys , coaches, trainers, support staff, that cannot social distance. Makes sense to me.

VN Store

Back