Joe Milton quote

But he can do it all. He can stand like a statue, he can stare down his receivers, he can be the least gifted running QB we’ve ever witnessed.

71FB46F5-6C2D-42A0-A53C-15C50D7CC2B5.jpeg

Confidence and humility are NOT mutually exclusive traits Peyton had all the confidence in the world but was very well mannered and careful in spreading credit across the team. He used the pronoun “we” much more than “I”
True.

Still though, I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill over this quote.

I wasn't a fan of how he answered Keslings question of how he played. Almost acted like he didn't struggle.

Such is the life of competitive athletes.

They say something like this, there's going to be people who claim they're cocky/arrogant/whatever.

They offer a humble/meek response, will have people saying they lack the killer instinct needed to win at a high level.

No real winning for them.

Then how about just keep quiet and let your play on the field speak for itself.

Coming from a guy that lost his last starting job, a little more circumspection might be in order.

He told on himself when he said it was all about execution.

The tape shows his level of execution and it looks like he owns it.

I’m glad he is confident with his skill set and aware of the lack of execution to perfection.

I blame him holding the ball so long on the OL. If they hadn’t held their blocks so long he would have been forced to throw earlier, take off or take the hit.

Last edited:
From 24/7:

This remains to be seen, IMO. Had some really good moments, but this quote seems to be a little bit less than humble at this point, especially with the next game opening at home as a slight underdog (currently +1.5 from what I last read).
Good Lord. I guess we’d rather our QB have zero confidence. I mean I get it, the guy didn’t have a great game but, this is just REACHING.

It seems like he is overcompensating with false confidence because his last stop didn't work out. If he doesn't believe in himself no one will

Already been posted and talked about

And Milton has since criticized his performance
He criticized himself after Heupel likely had a convo about leadership and humility. Go check your tape of what yhe convo was when Milton came off the field after his superman and Cam pose. You think he said good job ? I find it doubtful so he is teaching so thats a positive

VN Store

Back