Joe Lunardi

I'm trying to figure out why Lunardi matters to people? Correct me if I'm wrong but he's not on the NCAA tournament committee. The committee are the idiots that got it wrong.

I dont understand the anger towards Lunardi. He is just the messenger. It's like blaming Wolken for trying to hire Schiano.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I'm trying to figure out why Lunardi matters to people? Correct me if I'm wrong but he's not on the NCAA tournament committee. The committee are the idiots that got it wrong.

Because he’s been exposed as a propagandist, doing the PR bidding of the committee. His “analytics” are a sham.

Now do I know that with 100% certainty? No. But it’s the simplest explanation for how he was so certain UT was a 3 but could give no logical explanation for it.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Lunardi is an NCAA tool and should be disregarded as such, 80 percent of the NCAA's operating budget flows directly from the men's NCAA basketball tournament and the TV contracts for broadcasting those games, such that these are merely economic decisions to cater to basketball schools and tournament blue bloods, nothing more, the sooner we can get the NCAA out of basketball much like they are out of the football economics, the better off the SEC and their member institutions will be, let the bean heads have all the non revenue sports they want, but they need to be kept away from the baseball, basketball and football trough

I honestly think we aren't respected as much because of our propensity for 1st or 2nd round exits. If that changes this year, maybe it'll stop it.

Also worth noting Lunardi isn't the selection committee, and he was right, as much as we hate it. We need to pissed at the selection committee, not Lunardi, that is, unless they are picking teams based on his bracketology, which would just be F'd up.

Agree. Also, it wouldn’t surprise me if committee members leak info to Lunardi. He is usually accurate.

Lunardi is not beyond reproach. He’s part of the racket if he isn’t publicizing that justice is not being granted. There are 4 number 2 seeds—not one. Fine if Villanova takes one of those for defeating us forever ago, but Kentucky or Auburn unfairly got ours.

He basically admitted that it's a popularity contest and maybe it's not fair, but that's just the way it is.

Reactions: Lankykong
Unfortunately, Joe Lunardi was right in his prediction of what the committee would seed us.

Being an insider with connections to stupid and inconsistent application of logic to favor some institutions over others is not an admirable station in life.

Reactions: Alto1
Doesn't matter. At the end of the day, this team has to win. I believe this team loves playing together, they don't want it to end. We've played very well because of that mindset over the last 4 weeks. We walked through the SECT in total control of every team we played. I've got them in the FF.

Lunardi is a "slug"who is now looking more like Howard Cosell in his drunk,I've got my toupee on wrong mode.Worthless drivil.Tennessee is a three seed because Duke is better even tho they got hammered by the Heels and VT.Is Lunardi Lindsey Graham's lost twin?

I officially challenge Joe to ano holds barred, anything goes, I quit match. The loser leaves town never to return.

I mean if you listened to him talk, even he knows what he's saying is BS. He was struggling to find anything to say that sounded remotely intelligent and he still basically just came up with "It wasn't going to happen, ok?"
Yeap! At first he’s was like, “follow MY SCIENCE bs”.
Then after he knew that wouldn’t fly, he was like “I’ve been bought of and it is what it is”.

Lenardi just knew what everyone else is figuring out. This thing is bracketed on Thursday or Friday night end of story. He did pick us to go to the Final Four so maybe he will be right again.

Unfortunately, Joe Lunardi was right in his prediction of what the committee would seed us.
Lunardi had inside information... He couldn't state a reasonable reason for the 3 seed... He tried and the more he did the justifications just got worse....head to head discarded it, tournaments didn't matter for seeding unless KY won to push to them to a 1 seed... his twenty years of metrics and Tennessee behind AU & KY by 20%...All BS ..... He ate the canary and tried to justify the committee's incompetence with his own self righteous...Next day stated he would have had TN as a 2 Seed....Just covering up he is a fraud because he had inside info nothing more nothing less expect inside info...a fraud...with a short man's complex...He is a Dr Fauci in the BB world...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mini Me

VN Store

Back