Joe B. Hall

Joe B. Hall got his hat handed to him 5 times in a row by Mears and then Don DeVoe beat him 3 times his first season at UT with inferior talent. He wrecked the career of a great athlete and player Derek Hord from Bristol. Hall would be on par with what they have at UK now. Lots of talent and very little coaching.

Mears also had similar losing streaks. Devoe had a losing record against UK.

Some say that Hall destroyed his confidence, was too hard on him. That may be true to some extent, but interviews with him reveal that he admitted struggling playing at the 2 or 3 rather than his back to the basket in college. At 6-4, playing center wasn't really an option considering that you had Bowie and Turpin in those years. He still ended up getting drafted and did play some pro ball in Japan.

I particularly like how a guy taking someone else's free throws are the equivalent to the rampant paying of players endemic within the history of a program. Sort of like a guy caught speeding is the same as someone committing manslaughter.

I particularly like how a guy taking someone else's free throws are the equivalent to the rampant paying of players endemic within the history of a program. Sort of like a guy caught speeding is the same as someone committing manslaughter.

When that's all you've got, you roll with it, as we see here. Professional teams won a boatload of those 2k and titles they're so proud of. If you can't see that Ernie G sneaking in some FTs to tge tune of about 0.1 pts per game in maybe one season is equivalent, then you just don't get moral relativism. Deal.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Joe B. Hall was a cheater but is that really anything new to UK? Their whole university is crooked and it amazes me that their fans keep making excuses for them year after year.

VN Store

Back