Joc Bruce suspended from team activities (update: leaving school 7/24)

cardalejones.jpg

Sadly, there's a lot who feel this way.

Is Butch helping the attrition numbers, possibly?

There is no way CBJ would promise a kid a scholarship who had other offers just to cut him before the season starts in order to open a roster spot. If it were all about that, he would have done it before signing day.

Per Jimmy Hyams: UT's Joc Bruce suspended from team activities for not applying self off the field, 2 sources said. Bruce is from South Doyle

One of my exes went to Doyle. Most popular major at that time was Herbal Studies.

Reactions: 2 people
Here's a tweet in Joc's defense....

@Riko_Cinco: Everybody on joc case for being late to class for print of a paper FOR THAT CLASS❗️people on social media blow things up for nothing😒

Not exactly what "for print of a paper" means. Little help?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

@Riko_Cinco: Everybody on joc case for being late to class for print of a paper FOR THAT CLASS❗️people on social media blow things up for nothing😒

I'm guessing they're saying he was late to class because he was trying to print a paper for that class.

That may be true, but I doubt this was his first tardy or absence from a class.

Reactions: 1 person
This is an odd suspension for a guy who just started classes a month ago. Might the fact that Bruce is a 2-star blueshirt prospect have anything to do with the severity of this punishment? Buyer's remorse from the coaching staff, perhaps?

Obviously I don't know what's really going on here, but I hope this isn't a Saban-like pretext to create an extra scholarship at the expense of a guy at the bottom of the depth chart.
Yeah you had it right with the " I don't know what's really going on" part for sure.

This is an odd suspension for a guy who just started classes a month ago. Might the fact that Bruce is a 2-star blueshirt prospect have anything to do with the severity of this punishment? Buyer's remorse from the coaching staff, perhaps?

Obviously I don't know what's really going on here, but I hope this isn't a Saban-like pretext to create an extra scholarship at the expense of a guy at the bottom of the depth chart.
Do you put out your own recruiting rankings cause the 3 main services all had him as a 3 star prospect.

Reactions: 4 people

If there is buyer's remorse by CBJ, now is the best time to act for all concerned.

I think Mr. Cinco needs to attend a few more classes.

From the looks of it that dude is a torn shoulder away from a life of ditch digging. Hopefully he doesn't have to do that, though.

Maybe with a stint behind bars, first.

This dude [OSU's Cardale Jones] comes across as the next Maurice Clarett. I see a total meltdown in his future if he doesn't mature.

Already! Let's hope this early discipline gets his head screwed on strait. All ways love to see our hometown kids do good.

VN Store

Back