Jobless Claims Soar to 3.3 million; 6.6 million this week

Knew it was coming, still makes you sick to see it.

Almost 2.5 million more claims than the next highest number (860k one week in 1982).

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
You know they were. They have been saying this since Monday. Knock off the faux sympathy you’re smiling.

I'm not smiling. It's atrociously bad. This would have been bad even with a competent president holding office. But it's atrocious with the one we got. Hope the racism was worth it, because that's all that Trump ultimately delivered on for you guys.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I'm not smiling. It's atrociously bad. This would have been bad even with a competent president holding office. But it's atrocious with the one we got. Hope the racism was worth it, because that's all that Trump ultimately delivered on for you guys.

Actually I don’t see any racism but he did end Hillary’s political career. Just think we could have Hillary leading us through this right now .. I’m good .

LMAO not smiling then onto a TDS rant on Trump. Yeah you’re smiling. I’m extremely happy the most qualified candidate ever isn’t in office for this thank God and will take Trump 10 out of 10 times over her.

The true number is likely much worse, given the fact that many people were not laid off or had other circumstances making them ineligible to file for unemployment.

A despicable post in light of the circumstances.

It's an election year. If it was fair for Reagan to ask then, then it is fair to ask now. Is the country better for having elected Trump? His legacy was cons and bankruptcies before he was elected. Why should we expect anything different from his presidency.

It's an election year. If it was fair for Reagan to ask then, then it is fair to ask now. Is the country better for having elected Trump? His legacy was cons and bankruptcies before he was elected. Why should we expect anything different from his presidency.
Coronavirus doesn't occur if Hillary won?

I don’t want to get political in a thread talking about death and destruction of people’s financial well being, but whether the alternative was Hillary or Jeb! or Kasich or whichever candidate you want to select, this is exactly what Trump supporters were warned about. That he would not know how to best lead the government during a crisis.

Whoever is in office would have an effin' mess on their hands. NO COUNTRY has been immune from this. But Trump has done particularly bad.

I find it interesting that people think the Reagan question is out of bounds right now, but toying with the idea of sending people back to work too early so more will die for the sake of the Dow is completely legitimate.

Whoever is in office would have an effin' mess on their hands. NO COUNTRY has been immune from this. But Trump has done particularly bad.

I find it interesting that people think the Reagan question is out of bounds right now, but toying with the idea of sending people back to work too early so more will die for the sake of the Dow is completely legitimate.
I never said it's out of bounds. I just think the contexts are totally different. If stagflation under the Carter administration was caused by a pandemic, it would have been silly for Reagan to have asked the question.

Where does all of this get people back to work "for the sake of the Dow" stuff come from? The market is not shooting back to the highs as soon as they open back up. Millions of people in the service sector are going to be out of work for a long time. It isn't callous to at least start thinking about getting back to work. The economic consequences of this are going to be worse than the virus itself - this virus doesn't kill 10% of 25% of the general population. There's never been a distinction between low and high risk portions of the population. I think we have to start moving towards that.

I think his legacy has been a roaring economy and lowered unemployment while being harassed by democrat investigations--untilthe world entered a Stephen King novel. And due to his rising approval numbers, I suspect most people recognize this.

But by all means, frolik in the political hopes the virus gives you. Lord knows, your probable candidate gives you little. As a matter of fact, that must really suck...Carrying water for the party that shows more faith in the pandemic than their candidate.

VN Store

Back