JJJ is not a good 3 point shooter

He's just not good at anything. I think we win this game if he doesn't see the floor tonight.

No awareness. Terrible basketball IQ. Body language is constantly awful...and oh yeah, he doesn't box out and can't shoot. Not great attributes for a basketball player.
He’s a very good defender, and a very good rebounder. On the offensive side of the ball I agree with you though. He acts almost snake bitten, it’s like he knows he’s gonna miss before he shoots,and over thinks every pass. Physically he should be the best player on the team, but mentally it’s just not there yet.

I dont think you give his minutes to someone else. Tell him to take the ball to the basket and quit relying on the 3 pt shot so much. For us to be effective we need him on the floor (defensively), he just has to play smarter.

That development should have been happening in the off-season. Cant just tell him and expect it to happen.

Certain personalities have all the skills in the world then freeze in the moment. I think its become a bit of a mental block not physical - hey I played/shot bad so now I am putting too much pressure on myself. Reminds me of my golf game.. The problem is many times now he doesn't even look to put pressure on the defense. When combined with the same from Fulkerson, we are playing 3 on 5 on offense right now. JJJ probably needs an assistant coach to be extremely positive with him all the time in order to help him relax. I think Barnes is doing that. For us to be good JJJ and Fulkerson need to come around.

Also, its not like others haven't developed under Barnes..Nmankoua, Vescovi, Plasvic...

VN Store

Back