JJJ is not a good 3 point shooter

I thought Chandler killed Tennessee tonight. Missed free throws down the stretch and made two straight turnovers at a critical part of the game. He is not a good three point shooter either. He is a freshman and will get better. Too bad he is gone after this year.
Chandler hasn’t done enough in my opinion to bounce after one season….at least to be a high draft pick.

JJJ is a fantastic teammate, rebounder, & defender but watching him on Offense is painful.
With his athleticism, size, & strength he should be attacking the rim ALL THE TIME!!! Heck, he would’ve been our post presence just a few years ago. He either can’t or choose not to blow by bigger defenders off the dribble, rarely if ever posts up, & is shooting 14% on OPEN 3’s!
I love the kid but I wouldn’t let him take a 3 until he’s made at least 5 Ft’s.

Which is news to no one, except JJJ.

As to comparable 3 shooter to this team, he as about average with them. The only one who I would consider an above average 3 shooter is Powell and he can't stay on the floor long enough to prove to me he really is a good 3 man.

JJJ is a special kid. I love his game because it comes from an unselfish place. No doubt he has struggled shooting and CRB has to rethink how JJJ is being used. His three point shooting overall is in the toilet. However, he can't buy a goal from a deep corner shot. His shooting from the point and wings seems better. CRB said after the Alabama game the staff showed JJJ film of his three point shots and the mechanical flaws. Later, in practice he made six of eight. This has obviously become a mental issue for JJJ. I hope he can get it fixed... he is extremely important to our future success.

We are just not as good as I thought we would be. Doubt we are a top 20 team or that Chandler is ready for the pros yet. On the other hand, the Lady Vols have surpassed my expectations, so far.:eek:

Left handers just don't look good shooting 3s I hold my breath when Vescosi takes them too

JJJ is not a shooter or defender..........he and fulky are huge disappointments........we will not make it out of the first weekend of the big dance if we get an invite.

James has the build and ability to get points in the paint.

UT should run some post it up plays for him at some point.

Scrap pts only really. I just don't think he's skilled in any real way offensively. Can defend and rebound some. I'd ban him from anything outside the 8 second mark on the SC or open court situations. Give Meshack more minutes. Looks like he can slash and get his own shot that JJJ can't.

I think he's in a rut and his shooting will improve. He contributes very well otherwise with defense and rebounding. Maybe we should get off his back.

Yep. The guy does NOT have a good shooting stroke. Glad he contributes in other ways, but he should never be planted around the arc ever again. This is not a 1 game review either.

JJJ doesn't need to shoot more than one, maybe two three pointers in a game depending on the situation. I get wanting your players to shoot open shots, but in JJJ's case, there's a reason he gets so many open looks from outside.

JJJ is not a shooter or defender..........he and fulky are huge disappointments........we will not make it out of the first weekend of the big dance if we get an invite.
He’s not shooting well, but saying he’s “not a defender” is like telling Peyton he shouldn’t have won the Heisman.

JJJ’s shots aren’t even on line therefore they have no chance of going in.

He's just not good at anything. I think we win this game if he doesn't see the floor tonight.

No awareness. Terrible basketball IQ. Body language is constantly awful...and oh yeah, he doesn't box out and can't shoot. Not great attributes for a basketball player.

I have always said JJJ is vastly overrated. Got shot down a few times, BUT we see the truth. He looks awkward out there! Tenn was better when He was out. A 5 Star Bust, IMO. It happens.. Interesting how JJJ seems to have Barnes' Ear? I don't get it..

Reactions: SalVolinus

VN Store

Back