JJJ is not a good 3 point shooter

Best defender on one of the best defensive teams in the country. Start a thread to trash him. Good job VN.

I think the thread title needs to be changed but even his defense was bad tonight. He was throwing the ball to LSU and as soon as he came in the game at the 10 minute mark of the first half he didn't block out on a free throw miss and LSU went on a run. We didn't recover. It's like LSU knew UT was playing with 4 players on offense.

This group of young men is set to explode we have the personal as far as the shooting goes right now the shooters are off just a bit. Ever notice the PROS in other sports you have to keep elbows close to the body darts, pool, throwing a ball swimming golf doesn’t matter form must be tight. And that’s all I have. Go Vols

Reactions: Volle
I think the thread title needs to be changed but even his defense was bad tonight. He was throwing the ball to LSU and as soon as he came in the game at the 10 minute mark of the first half he didn't block out on a free throw miss and LSU went on a run. We didn't recover. It's like LSU knew UT was playing with 4 players on offense.

Several of the comments need to be deleted as well. I agree that he’s not a great shooter. But he’s a huge reason why the defense is so highly ranked. Imagine how valuable he’d be if some of the “shooters” would be doing their jobs.

Reactions: volsbrock
He definitely has no identity on offense. Him shooting more than two three pointers a game is criminal. I would say he is one of the most versatile defenders in the SEC, though.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
Several of the comments need to be deleted as well. I agree that he’s not a great shooter. But he’s a huge reason why the defense is so highly ranked. Imagine how valuable he’d be if some of the “shooters” would be doing their jobs.
We aren't watching the same JJJ. Is there someone else with those initials on the team? Dude sucks.

Reactions: FranklinVol16
The book is out on him. Just scare or rush him a little at the 3 point line. He is a set shooter.

You have to give his minutes to someone else if he can't make 3's or is not reliable to take them. He doesn't have any other offensive skills.
I dont think you give his minutes to someone else. Tell him to take the ball to the basket and quit relying on the 3 pt shot so much. For us to be effective we need him on the floor (defensively), he just has to play smarter.

I dont think you give his minutes to someone else. Tell him to take the ball to the basket and quit relying on the 3 pt shot so much. For us to be effective we need him on the floor (defensively), he just has to play smarter.
The man got rejected by the rim without a defender in the same zip code not long ago.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Yeah he isn't ....which makes me wonder why he shoots them almost as much as Vescovi?! I would rather Bailey shoot them than JJJ...at least he might.... Might .....get hot.

Tonight, LSU was baiting JJJ to shoot from the 3... and it worked.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
He needs to at least be serviceable on the offensive end. He has been terrible lately. He hasn't developed on that end of the floor.

I think he's in a rut and his shooting will improve. He contributes very well otherwise with defense and rebounding. Maybe we should get off his back.

Last edited:
Reactions: jp1
I think he's in a rut and his shooting will improve. He contributes very well otherwise with defense and rebounding. Maybe we should get off his back.

Really? He averages 0.4 more rebounds per game than smaller Vescovi. He ranks lowest among starters in assists and points per game. His assists to turnover ratio is worse than Uros, HH, Nkamhoua. 1 block per game, gross. Anyone know of his +/- ?

Reactions: FranklinVol16
What has Powell showed you to earn more minutes? I've not been impressed. If he isn't shooting an open 3 he seems to panic in any other situation when he has the ball.

I saw him play for Auburn last year. He’s good. He needs to be a bigger part of his his offense. He has no role right now.

VN Store

Back