JJJ hurts us on offense and its apparent when he’s gone

?? I think you are confused. A forum is a place to discuss ideas and thoughts. I’ve watched every single game JJJ has ever played in. His defense is good, and his rebounding is good. He turns the ball over with his passing. He is an offensive liability and hurts us when we are in our scoring droughts. JJJ is wildy inconsistent to where he shouldn’t be getting offensive touches.
Not hating buddy, I call it as I see it. JJJ has been a fantastic “glue guy” but his injuries have degressed his offensive abilities.
I cherrypicked two games where he was bad, but just look at his effeciency and tell me he still helps us generate points.

He has the best turnover percentage on the team, not sure what you’re talking about.

Here…..here is the troll trash that we get after a win against #1 Alabama. Congrats OP for showing up when all your fellow trolls are hiding. What a ridiculous post. Great job handpicking 2 games to ‘prove’ your point.
Wow just wow.
3J is one of our absolute best players and he totally improves our offense. And he’s one of the finest young men to ever wear the orange.

Couldn’t agree more. Anyone who thinks we are better without JJJ doesn’t know basketball. He does everything. And just like every other player in the country he has a few bad games.

We aren't a great three point shooting team and shoot it way too much during key moments. Our guards would be much better served driving to the basket but that is today's game unfortunately

Reactions: JoeMiltonsAgent
We aren't a great three point shooting team and shoot it way too much during key moments. Our guards would be much better served driving to the basket but that is today's game unfortunately
Our guards aren’t good finishers, so not sure how that strategy is better really?

?? I think you are confused. A forum is a place to discuss ideas and thoughts. I’ve watched every single game JJJ has ever played in. His defense is good, and his rebounding is good. He turns the ball over with his passing. He is an offensive liability and hurts us when we are in our scoring droughts. JJJ is wildy inconsistent to where he shouldn’t be getting offensive touches.
Not hating buddy, I call it as I see it. JJJ has been a fantastic “glue guy” but his injuries have degressed his offensive abilities.
I cherrypicked two games where he was bad, but just look at his effeciency and tell me he still helps us generate points.

It’s just a really really bad piece of analysis. I do not think you could find one legitimate D1 coach who agrees with your evaluation. There isn’t a single coach we play against that would think they had a better chance to beat us with 3J in the lineup versus on the bench. I would pretty much guarantee that.

JJJ, Santi, Key, ZZ, ON…..and on and on have all had their fair share of scoring droughts. Saying “he shouldn’t be getting offensive touches” is just absurd.

Its true. He hucks up a lot of 3s and mid range shots. Can’t drive it to the rim. Great defender and “glue guy”. But JJJ is better when he’s on the bench.

Against Vanderbilt he had 28 minutes of play went 1-7, 2 pts, 5 brds and a steal. Not great minutes for our senior 5*.

Against Florida he had 29 minutes of play and went 2-11. Finishing with 4 pts, 7 rebounds and an assist.

We look better without him clogging our offense.
Agree 100%.

We're one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country. The strategy is that a made three is better than a made two; and, for a great offensive rebounding team, a missed three leads to more offensive rebounding chances than a missed two.

Its true. He hucks up a lot of 3s and mid range shots. Can’t drive it to the rim. Great defender and “glue guy”. But JJJ is better when he’s on the bench.

Against Vanderbilt he had 28 minutes of play went 1-7, 2 pts, 5 brds and a steal. Not great minutes for our senior 5*.

Against Florida he had 29 minutes of play and went 2-11. Finishing with 4 pts, 7 rebounds and an assist.

Funny: You seem to think our offense is a well-oiled machine when JJJ is on the bench. Uh, not exactly. His shooting percentage is practically exactly the same as Ziggy's and Vescovi's.....

He’s good at that midrange jumper. If he would accept that that’s his shot on offense, he’d be a much bigger help on that end. And when he’s hot from 3, he gives us that. When he’s off, he needs to accept that and stop shooting from 3.
Yes I’ve always thought he would great running curls like Admiral and Bone did! He hits them when he can get to the elbow, but clearly his knee and ankle prevent him from frequent lateral movements to motion to elbow.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
ZZ shooting 31% from 3 this season and JJJ is shooting 30%.

Great.

So both of them should be more selective from long range.

Conveniently ignoring the overall stats though.

James is 25/83 for the season.

Zeigler is 44/140.

None of these guys outside Vescovi is particularly effective from 3 pt range. Point of my previous post is they should all stick with what they do better on offense...and that is not shooting the 3.

I really don't understand the idea of referring to him as a 5* four years later. It doesn't strengthen your point.

He's equally as good a defender as Mashack, infinitely more talented as an offensive player, and some here are ready to immortalize Mashack in bronze outside TBA.

JJJ is hurt. He's not been right all year. BUT, we don't beat Texas without him. We don't beat Auburn without him. He combined for 29 points and 21 rebounds in those games You failed to mention those two games sandwiched around the two games in which you chose to highlight his struggles.
Those games are the anomaly not the poor shooting games. He’s 2nd on the team in shot attempts and 3 pt attempts amongst the guards/wings yet he’s the worst 3pt shooter and 2nd worst overall, percentage wise.

90A0CCBF-B169-426A-84BB-869C4CCD4603.gif

Those games are the anomaly not the poor shooting games. He’s 2nd on the team in shot attempts and 3 pt attempts amongst the guards/wings yet he’s the worst 3pt shooter and 2nd worst overall, percentage wise.

It could be because they really don’t run many plays to get him open looks. A lot of JJJ’s 3-point attempts happen as the shot clock is running down.

VN Store

Back