JJJ’s childhood home burns

Thunder Good-Oil

JJJ’s childhood home burned this week and Josiah lost all of his possessions. CRB didn’t say if it was his mother’s or his father’s home but his mother told him after the game on Saturday.

Hope everyone is ok, prayers to JJJ's family. Is there a go fund me for the family?
I was wondering this as well, but I was also wondering if the back-assward NCAA would even allow this?

I wish we could but I some what understand why they wouldn't allow it. Even if there was a cap of $100K for unfortunate events some people would be cheating the system.

I'm not too worried though JJJ will make at least 900K a year in the NBA (may be two years away) and he'll take care of his parents.

Reactions: hooperwho
I wish we could but I some what understand why they wouldn't allow it. Even if there was a cap of $100K for unfortunate events some people would be cheating the system.

I'm not too worried though JJJ will make at least 900K a year in the NBA (may be two years away) and he'll take care of his parents.

His parents aren’t hurting for funds, his mother and step father are both professional types. They’re able travel to every game, home or away, however COVID makes it more difficult for them.

Burned home to ground on 1/1 and capable of keeping it a secret until 1/6 at 10pm? Now, that's doing something in the communications age.

Reactions: white65
Tragic news. Just terrible. Sending him my prayers.

The silver lining is he is going to make a lot of money one day in the NBA and be able to buy his family a beautiful new home and an outstanding man like himself is going to deserve every penny of that check. Rooting for him hard.

I was wondering this as well, but I was also wondering if the back-assward NCAA would even allow this?

The NCAA allows this if the school sets it up and is used for "disaster" purposes. Not sure a home fire qualifies and any excess cash is to be given to charity. If they had home insurance, there might not be too much that would end up going to JJJ but if (for example) it was a flood from a hurricane (which usually isnt covered by insurance), that fact pattern might fit better for a NCAA approved GoFundMe.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back