JJ Watt message to UT players and coaches.. MUST WATCH

I have seen no evidence of the team quoting in any game. They have played hard even when winning was out of reach.

I’ve never seen them fired up either. They play pretty much even kneel which is about a 5 on a 1-10 scale. If they’re playing with good effort, the talent level doesn’t match the recruiting ratings. Take your pick.

Ha, it’s crazy to think Butch had a hand in possibly the 3 best players in the NFL. If Antonio Brown hadn’t lost his freaking mind, possibly 4. 🤦‍♂️
GBO!!
Minus Gurantano, he had an okay track record in finding talent. Sadly Butch got a brilliant brain fart and thought it would be best if the talent create their own individual custom workout routines.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Minus Gurantano, he had an okay track record in finding talent. Sadly Butch got a brilliant brain fart and thought it would be best if the talent create their own individual custom workout routines.
LMAO, I remember seeing the video of Hurd running 75 mph on the treadmill, everyone else was super impressed, I was like nooooo!
How many injuries(and we had a ton under Butch) do you think came about due to doing stupid, unsupervised stuff in the weight room?
GBO!!

And just think, Butch Jones might have mis-managed this guy more than he did Travis Kelce and Alvin Kamara.....

I don’t think I’ve heard any one coach or player at Tennessee express this level of concern the past 2 decades we’ve stunk it up. In order to fix the problem you must first recognize it. That may be the problem.

If Phil Fulmer would get behind the podium and say what JJ Watt just relayed, most of us would support him. Instead.. We get nothing.

I don’t think I’ve heard any one coach or player at Tennessee express this level of concern the past 2 decades we’ve stunk it up. In order to fix the problem you must first recognize it. That may be the problem.

If Phil Fulmer would get behind the podium and say what JJ Watt just relayed, most of us would support him. Instead.. We get nothing.

Jauan Jennings stated as much in 2017 and we kicked him off the team....

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
TOUCHDOWN!!!!
Given the covid restrictions I can see giving all available reps to the 1,2 qbs. Bailey wasn't expected to be a big part of the rotation so I can understand his limited reps. What I don't get is no improvement by JG and no capable backup options in year 3 of Pruitt's tenure.

I'm also frustrated that our secondary looks so lost given pruitt's history.

If Pruitt had his way he would do away with Fans and Media as they are all a pain in his rear end, always complaining, asking difficult questions, saying negative things about our losses, bla, bla.

Pruitt hates press conference, talking in front of groups of people he feels are football idiots, and he doesn't like to have to explain his decision or lack of decision like the JG mess.

The solution is simple, he is never going to excel at this level as a head coach, never so we may as well get it done now and fire him ASAP, waiting until next year is just kicking the can down the street.

If Pruitt had his way he would do away with Fans and Media as they are all a pain in his rear end, always complaining, asking difficult questions, saying negative things about our losses, bla, bla.

Pruitt hates press conference, talking in front of groups of people he feels are football idiots, and he doesn't like to have to explain his decision or lack of decision like the JG mess.

The solution is simple, he is never going to excel at this level as a head coach, never so we may as well get it done now and fire him ASAP, waiting until next year is just kicking the can down the street.
I think CJP would jump at the chance to be an assistant coach at Alabama again. I think when he's finally cut loose Nick Saban will rehire him pretty quickly.

Evidence of BJ mismanaging JJ
Central Michigan
Watt received a scholarship offer from Central Michigan University and matriculated there. He has stated that he was led to believe by Butch Jones that, as a tight end, he would have the opportunity to score touchdowns. At Central Michigan, he played 14 games, compiling 77 receiving yards and 8 receptions.[16][17] Watt's coaches, led by Butch Jones, suggested that he move to offensive tackle, but Watt decided to forgo his starting spot and scholarship to walk-on at the University of Wisconsin, where he played as a defensive end.[18]
WisconsinEdit
At the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Watt was redshirted for the 2008 season and was named Wisconsin's Scout Team Player of the Year. In 2009, he played in 13 games as a defensive end. In a game against Hawaii on December 5, 2009, Watt had a career-high of two sacks for nine yards, three tackles for loss, six tackles, and one quarterback hurry. Watt finished the season with 32 solo tackles, 12 assisted tackles, four and a half sacks, 15.5 tackles for loss, and five passes defended.[19]He also earned his first letter. On November 20, 2010, against Michigan, he recorded his first collegiate interception.[20] Overall, in the 2010 season, Watt played in 13 games and led the team in tackles for loss, quarterback hurries, blocked kicks, and forced fumbles. He finished the season with 42 solo tackles, 20 assisted tackles, 21 tackles for loss, seven sacks, one interception for 15 yards, nine passes defended, and three fumbles forced.[21]He earned the Ronnie Lott Trophy in 2010, voted AP and Sports Illustrated second-team All- American, All-Big Ten first-team, academic All-Big Ten, and was voted the team's MVP.[10]
College statisticsEdit

I'm of the radical opinion that we should find someone and pay them about $5 million a year to be the leader of our program. A coach, but you know, like the head of the coaches. Maybe call him something like the "lead coach" or "top coach". A real leader who would guide the program in the right direction and be accountable.

But what do I know.

I've heard of this before... too radical

VN Store

Back