Jimmy Clausen On ESPN

Pete Carroll wants him. Holy crap. Maybe we oughta have a second thought about givin' Rick some big PT. Now he said Spurrier.

Hopefully Pete Carroll will go to the NFL before Jimmy graduates. If not it will be hard for him to say no to USC. I can't help but think of the Chris Leak situation and the similarities. I hope Fulmer didn't p-off the family by naming Ainge the game 1 starter.

Originally posted by gobravesvols16@Sep 1, 2005 9:24 PM
Hopefully Pete Carroll will go to the NFL before Jimmy graduates. If not it will be hard for him to say no to USC.  I can't help but think of the Chris Leak situation and the similarities. I hope Fulmer didn't p-off the family by naming Ainge the game 1 starter.
[snapback]134222[/snapback]​

Something tells me Carroll will be in the college game to stay, as he's already had the NFL experience.

If Jimmy doesn't choose UT so what? Sure he's a good score, But the USC and USC offers may sound great now. Lets wait and see where U Southern Cal and The Roosters are in another couple seasons.

If he favors UT signing Day 07, He'll compete with Crompton at QB.
Im sold that Ainge will split early if his stock is even close to good.

Not so sure about Ainge splittin' but there is a serious issue with the Crompton competition. Jonathan came in realizing the competition he faced, we'll see if Jimmy will follow suit. Oh yeah, isn't Jimmy just a junior?

Originally posted by hmanvolfan@Sep 2, 2005 2:20 AM
Not so sure about Ainge splittin' but there is a serious issue with the Crompton competition. Jonathan came in realizing the competition he faced, we'll see if Jimmy will follow suit. Oh yeah, isn't Jimmy just a junior?
[snapback]134240[/snapback]​

Whats the issue with JC? I have a newspaper article where its quoted "He will play this year" his words not mine. Jimmy is a Jr meaning he'll come out feb 07.

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@Sep 2, 2005 1:54 AM
Whats the issue with JC? I have a newspaper article where its quoted "He will play this year" his words not mine. Jimmy is a Jr meaning  he'll come out feb 07.
[snapback]134247[/snapback]​

Crompton underwent arthroscopic shoulder surgery in early August for a torn labrum and will be out for the 2005 season.

Yeah, doc i know. But was replying to what was the issue that JC was supposed to have playing behind Ainge? The article i have JC once he had signed said something to the nature of all he wanted was the chance to come in and compete. Then went on to say in his own words thats all he needed and we'd see him playing this year.(Before the injury)

I don't want to have to hate the Clausens like I do the Leaks if they start getting pissed.

its going to be really hard to pull Jimmy in. If JC got redshirted this year, and we then get jimmy in two years, they are only going to be a year apart.

But if we redshirt Jimmy and bring in another QB this recruiting class, it will work out fine. If I were Fulmer, I'd just get the best QB in east Tennessee to play as a second-stringer next year and the year after when Jimmy Clausen redshirts... If we get Jimmy.

It was great to hear that Coach Superior Jr personally sent Jimmy a handwritten note imploring him to be a Cock. Be nice to hear the if NCAA denies SC any access to him

Originally posted by volmanbill@Sep 2, 2005 4:07 PM
It was great to hear that Coach Superior Jr personally sent Jimmy a handwritten note imploring him to be a Cock. Be nice to hear the if NCAA denies SC any access to him
[snapback]134425[/snapback]​

I hope the make an example out of Mich. St., and both USCs by denying them. :rock:

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@Sep 2, 2005 1:08 AM
If Jimmy doesn't choose UT so what? Sure he's a good score, But the USC and USC offers may sound great now. Lets wait and see where U Southern Cal and The Roosters are in another couple seasons.

If he favors UT signing Day 07, He'll compete with Crompton at QB.
Im sold that Ainge will split early if his stock is even close to good.
[snapback]134239[/snapback]​

Ainge won't split early, his family has plenty of money....That'd be the main reason he would split....If he does leave early, it would surprise me...I really don't see him leaving early

The point I was trying to make 24/7 was JC wasn't scared of the competition he faced by Ainge/Schaeffer/R.Clausen when he could've signed with another school without going up against those guys and been the BMOC. Jimmy Clausen has the same situation with Jonathan Crompton since he has been redshirted and therefore they will only be 1 year apart (sorta like Chris Simms gettin' scared off because of the head to head with Casey). Sorta ironic, huh?

When I wrote JC I meant Jonathan Crompton. Irony prevails. JC =(Jonathan Crompton or Jimmy Clausen) Seems like a Twilight Zone moment..

VN Store

Back