JG to Washington State

Soooo does this mean K-townking will change his name to Pullman king?...By the way anybody heard from him?...He kinda disappeared when JG got benched...I picture him sitting in a dark room in a corner with a lamp switch in his hand clicking it off and on like Glenn Close in fatal attraction.
He's disappeared ever since the KY game. Spews a bunch of hot garbage and then can't even man up to show his "face" when all his arguments were pick sixes.

It appears as though he has already changed his screen name. His SN is no longer showing

Reactions: VOLnMiami
Does somebody have a 247 Sports article subscription and can access this article behind their paywall?

Jarrett Guarantano tells CF.C he's ready to fight for WSU, chose Cougs over boatload of Power 5 schools

Preview says JG had 40-45 offers once he entered the portal. And that he was projected to be a Day 3 selection in the NFL Draft, likely in the sixth or seventh round, by pundits.
If JG tears it up and somehow gets drafted, and then somehow produces an NFL career we just have to end the program at that point... lol

Jayden de Laura is already there and they're pretty high on him . Can't imagine JG will beat him out for the job.

Does somebody have a 247 Sports article subscription and can access this article behind their paywall?

Jarrett Guarantano tells CF.C he's ready to fight for WSU, chose Cougs over boatload of Power 5 schools

Preview says JG had 40-45 offers once he entered the portal. And that he was projected to be a Day 3 selection in the NFL Draft, likely in the sixth or seventh round, by pundits.

I don't imagine many NFL teams are looking for a statue that can't read a defense, throws 5 yard slants at 200 MPH, and can't hit a wide open TE down the seam to save to his life. He's got a big arm though.

Jayden de Laura is already there and they're pretty high on him . Can't imagine JG will beat him out for the job.
What I don't get is that JG is obviously a "project" and will need practice and game time to be rehabilitated into a servicable QB (if that's possible). Why would any program with another potential option at QB spend a scholarship on him and then take snaps away from other QB's especially when he only has a year left?

And the fact that all of the articles about his transfer to WSU always refer to him as dual threat QB leads me to think they've not even bothered to look at his stats over the past 4 years let alone game film. His running ability is right there with Peyton, another noted dual threat QB.

I know if did not go as planned at UT. He seems like a good kid and hope balls out there. Good luck JG.

He checked all the boxes here as well until it was game time. I'm not sure what happens when he takes the field but he always seemed to have that deer in headlights look. I wish him the best. Great young man who is very talented but it just didn't click here.

KERT6VzRLLmpGeEDPDabwMHlMhcpRH-LkS1Jpx6xZBrSRpwstnsJPQJkICjY3dvFao7l69pbvDnlzADcIYbES3eRzkcOE8EOxn60ROxuEwnw_QR7yzjsyscUiiGDPy_uheIlCKEhuQvxaO4AFqHXxmeyika0P5IecCs

Reactions: VolZen and CA_Vol
The run & shoot worked at Hawaii under June Jones but when he went to I think SMU did not work so well. I know it would not work in SEC but it may work in the PAC a weak P5 conference. I'd say 5th of the P5. SEC, B1G , ACC, Big12 & Pac in that order.
Tim Chang who broke NCAA Ty Detmer passing record, probably best to come through that system at Hawaii played a few seasons in Canada. If JG is trying to get to the NFL this is not the O. Not sure if letting the D know JG is throwing 80% of the plays will work if he is the starter. He will also be competing with 2 Sophomores and a Junior. Two of these had all their starts.
Best of luck in winning the starting spot. The fanbase sans a few could care less at WSU so there's that, no pressure..

But does he give them the best chance to win?

In all seriousness, I do hope he does well out there and works through whatever mental blocks he had during his time in Knoxville. Maybe that system and staff will indeed be a better fit for him.

Good luck to JG. I hope he is able to overcome whatever it is that happens to him when the lights come on. I’m sure I’ll be half asleep tuning into PAC12 After Dark sometime next fall .

Reactions: tbh and davethevol
Nick Rolovich needs to go to LensCrafters.

Then again, only a couple of teams out that way play defense, so…
He should thrive then. Spent plenty of reps against our 1st team D from the SEC which didn’t play any either.

VN Store

Back